Good deal? photoshop cs3

hardrock.

I started with a second hand version of ps 7 brought for about 40 bucks ( if I remember ) then after i got my head around that i upgraded to cs 3 extended which i'm still learning a lot about.. there are heaps of free tuturials for ps 7 on the net which are helpful and easy to follow.... my advice would be to start off with that then upgrade to the more current models of photoshop when you feel right with it and can afford it.. cheap way to get photoshop on ya pc as well. i know some of the guys and gals here will say it's old and stuff. But at least it's a start

cheers
Grant

Last edited:
you definitely do not want to go down the torrent road... especially not on this forum where many people are using fully licensed and payed for products. Any further talk of that nature and the thread will be locked.

Funny, all of you have an issue with this, and yet don't follow a mods request to end that discussion. Just forget I mentioned it, and go back to the KY talk.

I would just say torrent CS4 for free. Adobe definitely over charges for this product.

Worst advice ever!!!!!

If you want CS3, you need to pay for it.
Just like all things related to photography, if the price is too good to be true, then it probably a scam of some sort.

I don't know why all the Canadian's are complaining, we're the ones that can't get arrested for torrenting...yet.

This is only true in the case of music.
There is no law protecting Canadians from getting charged for software piracy.

Last edited:
I don't know why all the Canadian's are complaining, we're the ones that can't get arrested for torrenting...yet.

lol don't need that at all... I am a Microsoft certified trainer, as such there is basically nothing that I cannot get that is MS based, for free (legally!).

The other few small apps that I use, well they are not all that expensive. Garbz had an excellent idea about eBay, I got lucky with my CS2 > CS3 upgrade thanks to a garage sale and LR is not expensive at all ($299US). Most educational institutions get a 50% off price for their students, and it is often not even dependant if you are in a program that requires it. Often you are not even a student and are still eligible!

There are many legal and good ways to afford quality software. That said, my feelings are that the same manner that I look at purchasing a $2500 lens, I use to make $250 software purcases... research for the best, work hard, budget, save for it and buy it. It's called personal integrity, something my father taught me at a very early age.

I would just say torrent CS4 for free. Adobe definitely over charges for this product.

The difference is, no one suggested that they steal the software and use it to make money. It was only a suggestion that the software be stolen. Nothing about making money with the stolen software.

So, to put it into perspective, it would be more like someone saving your photo from the net and using it as a desktop wallpaper on their computer. Or even more in perspective, using it as an avatar in a photography forum such as this. I've seen plenty of avatars through the past year and a half here that clearly is not the work of the person using said avatar.

A 70-200 f.2.8L is also overpirced. So according to these two, I should just steal one, and as long as I don't use it to make money, it's all good.

I think if you torrent CS4, Adobe should be able to seize your hard drive and take ownership of all the images you edited with stolen software.

Doesnt photoshop include something about the registration in each file you save using it?

When people ask me about photoshop, ive been recommending for years that they go 1 of 2 routes. Either buy the oldest copy that you can upgrade from ebay for cheap and get the upgrade, or to take a college class and use the student discount and get photoshop that way. With the last route, at least you will know how to use the software. :)

Right now you can download PSP X for free from Corels website. This could hold you over until you want to pay for PS.

Corel Corporation

Enjoy. :)

There are a few mentions of PS7, I use Photoshop 7 and find that it suits my personal needs perfectly. I use CS3 at work and don't find it to be a massive disappointment when going back to PS7 (compared to switching between Windows 3.1 and vista for example)
Also remember that PS7 was also designed to be industry standard software and although it's a little old now it's not crap by any standards. Plus you'll save a bundle and upgrade later.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back