good enough camera?

Nightshadows

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a Nikon F-65. I am very happy with it as it seems to take nice crisp photos of good quality. I would like to get into photography as a serious hobby and am wondering if this camera will do the trick? It only has a 28-80mm lens (I think??) something like that. I forget exactly. Anyways, is there a better lens you suggest? Should I leave the film camera and go digital? :?:

Welcome to the site.

I'd say keep the camera and buy a new lens. A 50mm F1.8 lens will be inexpensive and give you much sharper photos than the lens you have now.

The wider aperture (F1.8) will also be a big improvement over your current lens.

Then do some reading on basic photography...learn everything you can. Ask any questions you might have.

And most of all...have fun.

Yup. A fixed lens -

either 50mm f1.8 or f1.4
or 35mm f1.4

to start off with. You'll be able to do wide-open shooting in low light. You'll also gain better differential focus at the widest apertures. You'll learn how to use a single focal length to its most extreme other than doing pulling the zoom in and out which doesn't have very pleasant connotations with most men. You'll also take better pictures and all that hair inside those ears will really disappear! Well, er, the last bit might not be totally true ;)

I agree with upgrading your lense. Remember NOTHING is between your subject and the film except your lens. And no zoom can compare to a prime in price, quality and speed.

You answered your own question. If it does what you want it to do and you are happy with the photos you shoot then you should stick with that maybe add some lenses. Digital would be fine its just much more convienant.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back