Got my 5D Mark II

Son of a gun... I cannot believe that I did that!

I *actually* went and made a ton of pictures of me unpacking my D700 and then... formatted the card by accident today in my D700 before I could copy to my computer or post even one.

Guess I now must go back to living my sad, strange life on the forum again with even less than some of those other strange ones who at least managed to post one unpacking pic. :grumpy:

HAHAHA!

No, go ahead, some actually WANT to see those very pictures of the camera being opened like an early present! :D

:D yeah, you nerd. True, there is some strange demand for unpacking pictures. Glad you could satisfy that need. Hope you like your D700, BTW.

Meanwhile...uploading 6 photos...

Alrighty, here's the gallery the photos are being uploaded to. Right now, you'll see a 6400 ISO shot in JPEG with in-camera NR. Does pretty well at reducing the grain, but you end up with a soft photo. Also, there's a 25600 shot of a tray of pumpkin seeds. You can view the full resolution images, as well as the exif info on each of them. I'll give updates here when I add photos.

http://keith204.smugmug.com/gallery/6688141_JNgRV#427027960_zMwfq

I can resize your 1080p in After Effects, heck I'll even share my FTP password with you to go around the mail servers. PM if interested.

The dog's eye and hair detail looks awesome at 100% :thumbup:

The unboxing thing is simple to understand, it is called a vicarious experience. Back to my strange life.

-Shea

EDIT: Here is a 720p conversion of a popular public sample (partial), and half that size, making it quarter rez. Both H264 @ 50% compression. At first I thought the footage looked lighter, but now I think it is ok, perhaps I was seeing the earlier levels from the clip.

Last edited:
They come out darn nice, I am surprised at the low noise levels of this camera. :)

I can resize your 1080p in After Effects, heck I'll even share my FTP password with you to go around the mail servers. PM if interested.

The dog's eye and hair detail looks awesome at 100% :thumbup:

-Shea

Yeah, there's another dog one (uploading...) that was at f/6.3 that shows a bit mored detail. Can't wait to get this in for some studio shots. The night before the camera came in, I got some stunning detail out of the XSi + 17-40L. It will probably be a couple days before I can get some studio shots with the new camera. I'll try to upload some videos tomorrow.

Yep the high ISO is real nice. Shea, it's not a space or hosting issue I'm dealing with, it's a bandwidth issue with the DSL at my parents house. However, I can head up to work and get this 200mb file uploaded in 5 minutes.

Shea, can you send me details on how to downsize using AE? I have 6 days left of the CS4 trial that includes AE.

After you drag your composition to the Render Queue tab, click the Output Module. There you can enable Stretch as well as access some preset sizes, as well as choosing the format type etc..

I get an odd compression setting warning, but is seems to work fine anyway. Let me know if you need a screen dump or clarification.

-Shea

HEY! use vimeo.com for your videos! if you dont have an account you can use mine :) or i can give you my FTP password etc and ill upload it for you! PM me...

I put some videos on there - small clips, haven't done anything quite like Reverie yet :) Boy I really need a tripod!

nice!
out of interest can we see some frames from the videos - I know it was a talked about feature and it would be interesting to see the quality achivable. Definatly looks like something to play around with more :)

*is jealous*

nice!
out of interest can we see some frames from the videos - I know it was a talked about feature and it would be interesting to see the quality achivable. Definatly looks like something to play around with more :)

*is jealous*

One frame from the video? C'mon, I just barely was able to get these videos online...how the heck am I gonna pull a frame from it!? :) ...back to google...

It's supposed to be a key feature of the 5DM2 - the way allowing the media (who it was aimed at) to be able to shoot film for the internet webpages and rip a still out of the video to go on the front of the paper in the morning - so its got to be around there somewhere :)
Methinks we need to attract some videographers to the site ;)

I'll figure it out - sorry for the delay - have a few sessions from last week I absolutely *have* to finish editing tonight, before I can start playing. Once I get the edits done I will be free to play. If anyone has tips on dealing with this video, let me know. I have 5 or 6 days left of trial for Adobe CS4 Master Collection - so I have these apps at hand - I'd like to learn these so I know which ones are worth buying.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back