GPS?Geo tagging

Nwcid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jbnokesphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not sure which is the right forum for this, please feel free to move if there is a bette spot.

So I just started tagging my photos, at the beginning of the year, to be able to keep track of where they were shot. I don't care about having the exact spot I was standing in for each shot, but just the general location of the shoot. My process right now is to go into Google Earth, find the location, copy the GPS data into Lightroom.

The other thing I have been doing is tagging things I want to shoot, but did not have the chance to. All of this data I am just adding into Google Earth as a "place mark" and labeling it with the name of what the location/item is that I want to shoot.

My problems are 2 fold. It is interesting to see how and where I am shooting, but Lightroom leaves a lot to be desired in Map view. Probably the biggest one for me is that it is very slow. My problem using Google Earth is that once you tag a bunch of locations, there is no good way to organize them. I have created a few folders to move the "place marks" into, but I can see this getting overloaded very quickly.

How do you use Geo tags and keep track of things?

If I were to geotag, I’d load them (smaller jpegs) as a feature class in an ESRI geodatabase. That way I could easily put them in a story map. But then, I am a GIS Analyst/Cartographer.

Its been a while since I messed with GE, but can you save your bookmarks to a KML or KMZ file? You should be able to organize it, then.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back