Graduation Folks

nabero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I haven't had much motivation for doing much of anything since graduation. Being frustrated with photography has kept me from going out and shooting much lately...ho hum. But I did take a few shots at my brother's graduation. Thought I'd share since I haven't posted in a while. Comments and constructive criticism appreciated...as well as any advice on how to get over my "i suck at this" mental block :meh:

#1-Brother and his girlfriend
29836bbb.jpg

#2--bw version...thought it would help eliminate some of the distraction of the colors in the background....

e71d1a24.jpg

#3--Father and Son
8d2f140a.jpg

#4--Weight Lifted

ca53da6c.jpg

Thanks Guys...

oh #4 absolutely! The emotion you caught is just beautiful

As far as feeling "ho hum" ...:hug::

Oh nabero.
I cannot help you at all!
I am going through the same valley ... only do I have to take so many photos on commission while I am walking through this valley, which makes the feelings of "I so suck at this" even worse!

Nabero - your eye is awesome and that last one is a moment that can never come again. And you caught it. That's great. I too had/have moments of frustration when it comes to this stuff. It is frustrating. So much to learn and remember and really al ot of pressure to get it all at the right moment, especially when someone is counting on you to preserve their memories for them!
I even at one point had packed my camera up and taped the reciept to the box, ready to return the freaking thing but my husband silently took it back out of the box, threw away the reciept and put everything back into the camera bag. ;) He is smart sometimes. lol
Anyhow just keep trying, you're awesome. I've seen you post great things. So get up and get your camera and go take some pictures!!!!!!

Just look at it this way, you made the effort to bring your camera and to take the time to get some shots of your family. To you that may not be the perfect shot we all are looking for, but for your family thats got to be priceless to have a photo like that. So I hope that makes you feel a little better.

Tangerini- Thanks :) I'm lucky #4 wasn't shaky...bawling brother infront of the camera and bawling sister behind the camera :blushing:

Lafoto- I hope you feel better soon...I haven't seen a "green" post from you in a long time (always enjoy those!!) :hug::

JimmyJaceyMom-Thank you so much...your response put a huge smile on my face. Thanks for the compliments and the encouragement (oh--and the amazingly sweet story about your husband)

Heck- Yeh, I'm glad that I caught the moment (even thought my brother wishes I had missed it!) I think he said something like "Aww...that would have been a great picture if I didn't look like a freak" hehe

:hug::

Father and son look more like brothers! Great captures nabero. I see nothing "sucky" about these. You have the ability to capture a whole bunch of wonderful moments just waiting to happen.

If I can start photography at 37, you can certainly keep trying at whatever stage in life you are at right now. I'm sure you are a lot younger. ;-)

Don't lose the faith. Keep shooting young lady! :D

NJ

OMG, your brother looks so much like the son of mom and dad, almost frightening ... he is really a mixture in a way ;) :)

Please don't give up, you have a good eye!!
You mentioned what you didn't like about #1, but you knew what to do to make it better.
Look at the shots that you don't like and keep that in mind before you press the shutter next time. Trust me, practice makes perfect. :)
Sounds like a cliche' but, look for the light.
Ask lots of questions on here. Most will help, some don't like to share their "secrets" but I believe you get what you give.
Please keep shooting, and posting. We are all learning here. Cheers.

I love the emotion in #4. Very nice job!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back