Hannah

Overall impressions: Framing is awkward and they're too green. I hear you stated you like the under-exposed look but it's not flattering to your subject.

@Designer: I don't plan on doing a re-shoot, as im completely confident that the photos I created came out as I intended, and the client liked my work. :)
Though, I do take into context all of your comments, and criticism. I'll keep them for my next sitting. :)

@Diskjoe: $321.jpg
This is the photo No. 2 pre-processing, no crop, nothin'. I agree I could have been closer to her in this shot.

@Solarflare: the entire sitting was random. they tugged me all over the place, but it's no excuse for bad productivity :) I promise, I used to be a lot worse at this, lol.

Here are some other captures from the sitting;
1.$117.jpg2.$010.jpg3.$182.jpg4.$HHOC4.jpg

These are all original color before processing :) I know some of these are centered, but hey. centered never hurt nobody 'none. ;)

When that's your opinion maybe you just keep it to yourself.

Guy must be having a bad day....

@Jac: I just kill 'em with kindness. :)

Whow, I like these other pictures a lot more ! Especially the third one, the shoes in the bottom left corner balance the picture very nicely, and the last one, the overexposed sky and the low camera position makes it look really dramatic.

@SolarFlare: I'll keep in mind to keep away from photo editing too much then.. lol :))

Technical issues aside, I find the subject's facial expressions to be somewhat unsettling. Especially in #2; she appears very uncomfortable on those steps. Is she simply overjoyed, or is that a nervous grin, the kind used to mask extreme social discomfort? If I had been the photographer, I would have tried to relax her a bit, perhaps by asking her to relate some recent fun event or favourite memory. Maybe she was relaxed, but I'm not feeling it in these photos.

She really wasn't. And she kept talking about it. there was no stopping it, and it was extremely unfortunate, lol. I think the ones I posted on this page came out better than those, but that one shot, No.3 made the whole sitting for me. I'm very fond of it :)

She really wasn't. And she kept talking about it. there was no stopping it, and it was extremely unfortunate, lol.

I imagine defining what the client wants through prior discussion and then working to render that concept is an essential part of this kind of work. I know this isn't the Professional forum, and I'm not a pro, but perhaps someone with more experience than I can offer some tips for this situation.

I just count it as one of those things I'm gunna run into as a photographer.
I've done sittings before this one, just not with people that are camera shy like she was. I still got some killer shots from this sittiing :)

JAC526 said:
When that's your opinion maybe you just keep it to yourself.

Guy must be having a bad day....

Maybe it should not be put on the world wide web and asked for comments

If your happy with the pictures and your client is happy what does anyones opinion matter?

Back on the subject shall we? Try and get closer to the client or clients your shooting photographs if they do not mind having a camera and accessories right next to them some people frown on this and some don't mind what's so ever. I like the second photograph as well.

Most reactions

Back