Happiness and dumb kids (teachers can relate)

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
First, the happiness. I'm giving my final exam today. Ahhhhh, I'm pretty much done!! Collecting books tomorrow, rinky-dink liittle awards program on Monday.

Now, the dumb kid. I've got one student that is utterly devoid of the barest shred of common sense. This is the kid that will interrupt my lecture to ask if he can go to the bathroom. Now if it's an emergency, sure I understand; but three times a week?? Come on! Well I'm in the middle of my first block final, and this kid comes in (without knocking), meanders between all the desks, looking over people's shoulders, all the way to the back of the room, to ask me if he can use my pencil sharpener. WTF?! The kid's got a handful of pencils; I guess he came from a room where the pencil sharpener is broken.

Now it may not seem like that big a deal, but the kid should have had some common sense. 1. I'm not going to let him run an electric pencil sharpener for 5 minutes while other students are trying to take an exam that counts for 15% of their final 9-weeks-grade. 2. He knows the final is today, and he just wandered through the room and had opportunity to see the final exam before taking it.

Duhhhhh.

oh man, i envy you the happiness part. i dont give my final exam for another 2 1/2 weeks.
200 questions, cumulative! :twisted: :greendev:
i love it. my revenge for all the aggravation all year...

Osmer_Toby said:
oh man, i envy you the happiness part. i dont give my final exam for another 2 1/2 weeks.
200 questions, cumulative! :twisted: :greendev:
i love it. my revenge for all the aggravation all year...

What grade do you teach again? I'm at 8th grade, and this is the first year we're doing final exams--just semester cumulative though. Most of the kids just don't get it. I gave a 60 question exam, and most sat there during the review time signing yearbooks. :roll:

For what it's worth, I'm not a teacher but I deal with dumb people all the time. I work as a Paramedic in, shall we say, a less than desirable part of town. We get calls like the on at 3 AM for the women who's complaing that her cast is loose. Or the guy who has an infection in his hand.
Me:How long has it been infected?
Him:A week
Me:Did you see a Dr.?
Him:Yes
Me:Did he give you antibiotics?
Him:Yes but I didn't take them.
And now at 4AM this guy wants us to take him to the hospital.
That is only a beginning of what we deal with. But really, it's a great job! :lol:

I feel your pain yo. That type of student not only gets on the teachers nerves but beleive me its irritates the other students as well. It hasn't been so bad in college but when I was in highschool we had some DUMB people that would do the stupidest things to get out of class or to interupt and it really does bother the hell out of everyone else.... Ah well I'm glad its not the same in higher education, well at leat not as bad. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back