HDR. The new Portrait Trend?

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm seeing this A LOT! And I have to say, I'm a fan of it. I've tried it several times for envoirnmental portraiture, but I always get red skin tones. Can anyone talk use through a tutorial?
Thanks!

I think we need a new board here for HDR! That way people don't keeps asking someone "is that HDR?" :p

I'm going to try it out myself this weekend! I would love to see a tutorial as well. :)

bring it on!!! i have been experimenting too but again.... too much red skin. tutorial please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x

I was just wondering the other day how this would look. I will have to search for some examples.

seen it, and don't like it at all ... but I guess this is just me being anti-trendy

Not a great fan of HDR anyway, just like I do not like too sweet candy.

Depends on what the subject is but I love most HDR photo's I see especially when it involves the sky.

I think we need a new board here for HDR! That way people don't keeps asking someone "is that HDR?" :p

Ummm...what's HDR?

:lol:

HDR is awesome for the sky. I've been seeing life in HDR lately but haven't tried it out yet. Computers barebones for programs since I reformatted and havent reinstalled everything.

I vote for a HDR thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

I like many instances of HDR images, but I'm not a fan of the over-processed, surreal looking ones that I see. The edges all look they've been hit with a high radius, high strength unsharp mask filter. I like things a bit more subtle I think!

When did this become a "new trend"? I have played around with doing that with images for years because here in MD, we have some sucky skies for quite a bit of the year (hazy, white skies) but I guess it's a new way to do it in PS instead of just using layers and combining elements from each exposure?... I don't do it often because it can be a PITA trying to do it to a lot of images, but that's weird... I looked at this thread and went what the heck is HDR? and then realized what you were talking about.

Could someone possibly direct me to a portrait HDR? Would love to check one out!

I've put myself through HDR process and you can see my hdr'd self in the about section of my website. Also, I sometimes do HDR in my photos. Here is a tutorial you can look up(I think he overdoes it sometimes) http://stuckincustoms.com/2006/06/06/548/

I'm with the others... what the heck is HDR?
Depends on what the subject is but I love most HDR photo's I see especially when it involves the sky.
The search tool above is your friend.

Could someone possibly direct me to a portrait HDR? Would love to check one out!
I made this one about 6 months ago,

10.jpg

Most reactions

Back