He swings...and MISSES!!!

LizM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Went to a AA game the other night. I like this one the most I think. Other than the fireworks shots - which I am amazed I got because I didn't have a tripod so I just set the camera on the camera bag in my lap and guessed on where to point it.

Baronssix.jpg

Baronseighteen.jpg

Darned good timing! How much did you have to crop to get this framing? Or were you as adept at framing as you are at timing.

This is where my lack of sports knowledge shows, when I saw it refererred to as an AA game, the first thought that I had was "Alcoholics Anonamous has ball games?". Duh! My wife and I went to an AA function once. Right after having a couple of stiff drinks at a bar. A friend had invited us, but neglected to tell us that it was a party (soft drinks only, of course) thrown by AA. Good thing we weren't tipsy, and we just layed low & drank lots of Pepsi. We don't need AA, as we very rarely drink.

Ha ha! Yeah, I know about that much about baseball too. My mom is the baseball nut so when they had free tickets at work I took her and my daughter to the game.

I was using 4 frame bursts when I was shooting the action and I don't remember which shot that was out of th series. BUt it wasn't a lot of cropping. Mostly just trimed a little to remove a little background. Although I freely admit I didn't realize I had framed with just the pitcher's glove showing! Its a small ballpark so sitting in the 13th row along the first baseline with a 300mm lens really gave me the chance to fill the frame. Actually, I could zoom in and fill the frame with the outfielders too.

Thanks for the kind words,
Liz

Most reactions

Back