Helllooooo!

I stretch it.
If white I put strobes on it to blow it out.
If black I raise shutter to 200 or so to darken more.
Shallow dof, lens set at 2.2 or so.
Subject away from bg so shallow dof works better.
Iron.
Dry clean and press.
Or really wrinkle it up and incorporate it.
Use of different angles to hide wrinkles.
Brighten in post.
Darken in post.
Replace in post.
bandaid in post.
Switch to paper, vinyl, heavier muslin.
Erase in post.
Layers in post.
Use someones clean sheet.
Use someone else's studio and equipment.

Just to name a few, where do you want to start?

KmH said:
As long as you keep using that kind of self-speak, it will be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

In other words, using self-speak like that just prolongs your mediocrity because it's effectively just an excuse for avoiding the work needed to improve your skill.

Lol.. Umm no. Not an excuse. I've put hours and hours into PS with little progress.

vtf said:
I stretch it.
If white I put strobes on it to blow it out.
If black I raise shutter to 200 or so to darken more.
Shallow dof, lens set at 2.2 or so.
Subject away from bg so shallow dof works better.
Iron.
Dry clean and press.
Or really wrinkle it up and incorporate it.
Use of different angles to hide wrinkles.
Brighten in post.
Darken in post.
Replace in post.
bandaid in post.
Switch to paper, vinyl, heavier muslin.
Erase in post.
Layers in post.
Use someones clean sheet.
Use someone else's studio and equipment.

Just to name a few, where do you want to start?

Thank you! How much does vinyl run? And do you think paper or vinyl works better?

I bought a hand held steamer (£5 from a charity shop) which works pretty well on the worst of the wrinkles so long as the muslin backdrop is stretched taut on the frame while you are steaming. I've discovered to my cost that 20 minutes steaming before a shoot saves me hours in Photoshop. Distance is something I have difficulty achieving due to the size of my dining room so PS work is usually required too. Use the lasso to select the subject, feathering and how close you get to the subject depends on the image size, invert your selection and then use gaussian blur to blur the background.

The simplest solution would be to do what I've been advised to do (but haven't got around to yet) is to buy a roll of paper photographic backdrop.

Whichever way you go you'll need to work on your PS skills at some time. Bite the bullet! Any questions you have on PS techniques will probably have an answer you can understand somewhere on Google.

KmH said:
As long as you keep using that kind of self-speak, it will be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

In other words, using self-speak like that just prolongs your mediocrity because it's effectively just an excuse for avoiding the work needed to improve your skill.

Lol.. Umm no. Not an excuse. I've put hours and hours into PS with little progress.

Hours and hours? :lmao: PS is one of the most user unfriendly programs ever. It has no real rivals for effectiveness but it's not easy, I'm just starting to get my head around some of the aspects of PS after fighting with it for about 2 years. Consider taking a class at your local adult ed.

Granddad said:
I bought a hand held steamer (£5 from a charity shop) which works pretty well on the worst of the wrinkles so long as the muslin backdrop is stretched taut on the frame while you are steaming. I've discovered to my cost that 20 minutes steaming before a shoot saves me hours in Photoshop. Distance is something I have difficulty achieving due to the size of my dining room so PS work is usually required too. Use the lasso to select the subject, feathering and how close you get to the subject depends on the image size, invert your selection and then use gaussian blur to blur the background.

The simplest solution would be to do what I've been advised to do (but haven't got around to yet) is to buy a roll of paper photographic backdrop.

Whichever way you go you'll need to work on your PS skills at some time. Bite the bullet! Any questions you have on PS techniques will probably have an answer you can understand somewhere on Google.

I do indeed have a fabric steamer. Nothing seems to work for me.

Granddad said:
Hours and hours? :lmao: PS is one of the most user unfriendly programs ever. It has no real rivals for effectiveness but it's not easy, I'm just starting to get my head around some of the aspects of PS after fighting with it for about 2 years. Consider taking a class at your local adult ed.

I'm talking about with 1 photo! :lol:

please just send it to me and I can have to done in jiffy.

please just send it to me and I can have to done in jiffy.

$065.JPG$032.jpg$041.jpg$067.jpg
These are just a few. Un-edited.

Granddad said:

I'm talking about with 1 photo! :lol:

So am I! ;) :biglaugh:

I would suggest you learn about using a custom white balance. There's massive color discrepancies between photos. This is due to using auto white balance in a studio setting.

Also, you could soften those wrinkles up pretty easily to make it look better.

o hey tyler said:
I would suggest you learn about using a custom white balance. There's massive color discrepancies between photos. This is due to using auto white balance in a studio setting.

Also, you could soften those wrinkles up pretty easily to make it look better.

I wasn't using auto white balance, I was using custom white balance. Took a picture of a white piece of paper and used it. Forgot who told me to do that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back