Hello! New and have a few questions!

ThirteenthCurve

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Short intro, been doing photography as a hobby for about 5 years now. Been getting into it more and more every year. Currently have a Canon 20D and shoot with an assortment of lenses(mostly borrowed ones from friends, what can I say Im not super rich! lol). Started off with cars, got into photography and just went with it from there.

over time...
MK3JettaJS1small.jpg

MK2JettaJS1small.jpg

Eurovision461222.jpg

those made me laugh looking back on them now :lol:

DSC01728.jpg

DSC03588copy.jpg

DSC03596copy.jpg

DSC03685.jpg

DSC01847-1.jpg

DSC01847-1.jpg

DSC02402.jpg

DSC02461.jpg

DSC02479.jpg

always trying new things.

DSC_1657.jpg

DSC_1650.jpg

DSC_1611.jpg

DSC_1623.jpg

moved to cali
DSC_1365.jpg

DSC_1371.jpg

Rose.jpg

signature-4.jpg

DSC_1355.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg

DSC_1036.jpg

DSC_0429copy.jpg

DSC_0482copy.jpg

DSC_0334copy.jpg

DSC_0089copy.jpg

back to wa
DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0377.jpg

DSC_0380.jpg

Panorama1.jpg

okokok, I could keep going and going but not having a wireless mouse on my laptop makes this kinda hard lol.

So my question at hand: Legality of posting pictures of people on forums from photoshoots. I had asked a former girlfriend of mine to do a photoshoot a few years back, she agreed and got some friends and we did a shoot. Simple as that, I wanted to expand my portfolio with some different style pictures(bikini car shoot). I post them for critique on a different car forum. She finds out here a year later and gets mad. The pictures are simply part of my portfolio, nothing more. They are not being used for advertising and they are not degrading in anyway. So, DO I or DO I NOT have the right to post these?

ANYWAY, hello!

Laws will vary from place to place, but for the most part, if you take the photos, you own the photos and you can do what you like with them.

It is often recommended that you have a signed model release for images that you use (or especially if you sell the images)...but I don't think that it's strictly necessary.
For example, you most likely own the rights to the photos with the girl in them. She can ask you to take them down, but I don't think you would have to. If she did try to sue you, she would probably have to prove damages, which probably isn't the case. (unless she lost a job because someone saw the photos etc).
*I'm not a lawyer

Thanks Big Mike. Talked to a friend of mine that is a small producer and he pretty much said the same. Its all amateur stuff and never used for any promotions or money.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back