Hello! New and have a few questions!

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by ThirteenthCurve, Feb 25, 2010.

1. ThirteenthCurve

ThirteenthCurve TPF Noob!

Hello everyone. Short intro, been doing photography as a hobby for about 5 years now. Been getting into it more and more every year. Currently have a Canon 20D and shoot with an assortment of lenses(mostly borrowed ones from friends, what can I say Im not super rich! lol). Started off with cars, got into photography and just went with it from there.

over time...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    those made me laugh looking back on them now :lol:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

always trying new things.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

moved to cali
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

back to wa
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

okokok, I could keep going and going but not having a wireless mouse on my laptop makes this kinda hard lol.

So my question at hand: Legality of posting pictures of people on forums from photoshoots. I had asked a former girlfriend of mine to do a photoshoot a few years back, she agreed and got some friends and we did a shoot. Simple as that, I wanted to expand my portfolio with some different style pictures(bikini car shoot). I post them for critique on a different car forum. She finds out here a year later and gets mad. The pictures are simply part of my portfolio, nothing more. They are not being used for advertising and they are not degrading in anyway. So, DO I or DO I NOT have the right to post these?

ANYWAY, hello!

2. ThirteenthCurve

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

just some more random newer ones :)

3. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Laws will vary from place to place, but for the most part, if you take the photos, you own the photos and you can do what you like with them.

It is often recommended that you have a signed model release for images that you use (or especially if you sell the images)...but I don't think that it's strictly necessary.
    For example, you most likely own the rights to the photos with the girl in them. She can ask you to take them down, but I don't think you would have to. If she did try to sue you, she would probably have to prove damages, which probably isn't the case. (unless she lost a job because someone saw the photos etc).
    *I'm not a lawyer

4. ThirteenthCurve

Thanks Big Mike. Talked to a friend of mine that is a small producer and he pretty much said the same. Its all amateur stuff and never used for any promotions or money.