Hello

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by GBDurrary, Apr 16, 2010.

1. GBDurrary

GBDurrary TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    My name is Ryan, I just want to upload a couple of pictures to here, to ask people what they would do with them. Basically. I am dead against photoshop. I believe that photos are about capturing a moment, a memory in your life. However, I recently decided that I would try making it more of an art form. Rather than pointing and shooting, I thought, what can I do. I don't want to spend lots of money, I want to be cheap and cheerful to get some pictures to put on the walls in my house.

2. pbelarge

pbelarge TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Ryan

You sort of want to produce art like Ansel Adams correct?

Did you know he was the master of postproduction of his photographs. I may venture to say he may never have printed a photograph without providing extensive darkroom technology to his shots...He most likely would have embrassed Photoshop with both arms.

Remember, a camera cannot see what you see. So a little extra work can help you to produce a photograph which is more realistic to the way you actually saw it when you shot it.

Also, no two people see exactly alike. The old saying " he sees blue and I see black" may be close to the truth sometimes. ;)

So, take some shots. Show us some shots, and then get belted in, because you are in for a ride.:mrgreen:

3. Wino

Wino TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi Ryan and welcome from Thailand.

I agree wholeheartedly, but to each his/her own.

I also agree with Pierre's post in which I think the operative word is 'little'. No offense intended to anyone.