Help needed on new glass please

Thanks for all the input guys... so far for the price 50mm is definitely getting in the bag... going to do a research on the 20mm now...

Destin thanks a lot for recommending those lenses... really appreciate all the input from everyone and I'm definitely goin to look for maybe a used or refurbished on the 20 mm since price is a bit steeper

Thanks for all the input guys... so far for the price 50mm is definitely getting in the bag... going to do a research on the 20mm now...

Destin thanks a lot for recommending those lenses... really appreciate all the input from everyone and I'm definitely goin to look for maybe a used or refurbished on the 20 mm since price is a bit steeper

Anytime, it's what the forum is for.

If you get one be sure to post up some work with it, when I go full frame I'd definitely like one of those lenses.

How about the Nikon 35mm 1.8G ED
This is an extremely sharp lens, not too expensive, sharp (I know I said it twice but its really sharp LOL)
Worth considering.

I own it, use it on my D750 and it never stops to amaze me.
It sounds like its the DX 35mm but its not, not even close, very different design and its an FX lens.

I actually have the Dx 35mm for my crop sensor beater... it is really sharp but I didn't hear great things about the Fx version... what's your personal experience with it? Any shots you can post ??
Totally love it.
Here is a link to a picture shot with my 35mm 1.8G ED from my facebook page

Amir Eshel - Nikon D750 + Nikon 35mm 1.8G ED | Facebook

My favorite street photography lens, back in the 1980's when I shot street every day, was the lens on the far right. Can you guess why?
DSC_4928_85mm trio.jpg

it is an 85mm f/2 lens...not much bigger than a 50/1.4. 52mm filter diameter...
DSC_4936_85mm trio.jpg

Big, fat, large front-element lenses, and lenses with huge profiles are bad on the street...to a certain subset of people, they scream "pervy dude!"

I wouldn't recommend the 200-500 5.6 for street photography though. You might get some interesting looks however.

I only buy used glass. Everything from either adorama or keh. Warranted and inspected, etc... graded. No worries! Saved me a ton!

I'll keep those sites in mind for sure
Yeah I agree on the zoom lenses and the perv element The 50mm 1.8 will be nice and handy... looks pretty small ... will be ordering the 20mm 1.8 so hopefully I'll be able to play with it for a week... new moon is in 2 weeks so hopefully I'll get clear skies that night

I have the D750 and I basically carry the 24-120 and a 70-300 and the 24-120 spends most of the time on the camera.

This week I got in a Nikkor 200mm f4 AI lens for $46. It is near mint condition. There are many amateur photographers who rarely use their gear and evenually ditch it. You may not want a manual focus lens but I focused manually for a half century or so. It doesn't bother me.

My AF Nikkor 70-210 was $58. Not the ultimate Nikkor zoom to be sure and the autofocus is slow but for $58 I could lose it without too much pain. On the other hand my AF Nikkor 80-200 f2.8D cost me $1600 new a decade or so ago. It is a little sharper than the cheapo and faster but also bulky and heavy.

I no longer buy new lenses.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back