HELP with color conversions in my D700

AtuspidsGoddess

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So as I have been playing with the new D700 for some time, I am noticing something...a small issue...well kinda annoying...that I did not have with my D200. When I shoot images...in raw...in my d700...the photos and the colors look excellent and lighting as well...but once I have the images transferred to the Adobe bridge and view them there, the images look almost terrible...overexposed, colors blown...almost nothing like the way they looked in camera?!...I don't have this same issue with jpeg though...HELP! Is it my camera settings or do I need to convert them or something? I have heard a few people here talk about converting their images in lightroom...is that what I have to do or is not not necessary?

AFAIK, the image you see in the monitor basically IS a JPEG.

Once you get the RAWs into your computer, you need to do what the camera did for you so you could see it in the monitor. But you can do it a gozillion times better than the factory pre-sets in the camera could ever hope to do.

Once you get the RAWs into your computer, you need to do what the camera did for you so you could see it in the monitor. But you can do it a gozillion times better than the factory pre-sets in the camera could ever hope to do.

Why was it that I didn't have this issue in the d200 shooting in raw as well?

Possibly because the in-camera presets were configured differently.

You did have that issue with the D200, but just couldn't see the differences as well because the D200 had that much worse a rear LCD than the D700 has.

Yes, the image on the rear LCD is a JPEG Basic that is embedded in the Raw file, so you can check framing on the camera. That JPEG is processed according to the in-camera processing settings and the image processor programming. I'll bet the D700 image processor does more agressive JPEG editing.

You have made a big jump in image sensor resolution going from the D200 to the D700 and the 2 cameras don't use the same image processor.

What color space do you have the D700 set to? Adobe RGB? or one of the sRGB color spaces?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back