Help with my new MX!

mallard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.uncensoredfreespeech.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, it isnt new....but I just bought it off ebay. I got a Pentax MX with a 50mm 1.4 lens and the only imperfections are a little ding on the pentaprism and......the self timer doesnt work. I pulled it back and could hear the clicking and let the shutter go and it didnt time down. Pulled it back a bit further with same result.

Is there anything I can do myself to try to fix this? If that isnt recommended then what would be a recommended shop to send it to? I dont mind having it fixed....i dont hold it against the ebay seller, he listed the auction fairly generally and if it was important I should have asked.

Most lenses and cameras in my collection that have been through either a repair or CLA went through essexcamera.com. They are quick (typically two weeks), fair priced, been around for a while, and very versed in a variety of cameras. For me (in New Jersey), they are local to my work so convenience was a plus. Be prepared for a language barrier if/when you call... email responses are a bit slow. They are an old-fashioned shop with a few workbenches and senior friendly chinese repair technicians.

Most lenses and cameras in my collection that have been through either a repair or CLA went through essexcamera.com. They are quick (typically two weeks), fair priced, been around for a while, and very versed in a variety of cameras. For me (in New Jersey), they are local to my work so convenience was a plus. Be prepared for a language barrier if/when you call... email responses are a bit slow. They are an old-fashioned shop with a few workbenches and senior friendly chinese repair technicians.

thanks for the recommendation! timer isnt necessary but when im trying to maximize image quality its just another tool to help avoid shake

psst....cable release

Most reactions

Back