hesitant first post!

I cropped it for better composition and played with the levels.

Now ur cooking with fire!

Nice edit, I am also new to processing so I find this very helpfull. Thanks live free.

Hope you don't mind. I'm ok at PP. So I thought I would give it a go. I cropped it for better composition and played with the levels.

Right on! Examples and edits like this are the reason I believe forums such as this one are so useful and powerful. Perhaps a bullet list of aspects you affected so I can mess with my original and work to achieve similar results?

Hope you don't mind. I'm ok at PP. So I thought I would give it a go. I cropped it for better composition and played with the levels.

Right on! Examples and edits like this are the reason I believe forums such as this one are so useful and powerful. Perhaps a bullet list of aspects you affected so I can mess with my original and work to achieve similar results?

I use aperture. Here are things to look at.
-Crop for better composition. Rules of photo composition
-Remember you always want things entering, pointing towards the photo instead of exiting.
-Horizon, make it straight, aperture has grid lines to make the easy.
-Contrast
-Hue (I did individual colors, picked one then played with it until I was happy)
-Then just mess around until you get what you want.

I am only ok at PP so you may want to get someone who is betters opinion. :D

So, in one thread, you are against following "rules" and now you are for them?

:er:

So, in one thread, you are against following "rules" and now you are for them?

:er:

Let's try not to hijack this thread, but if you refer to that post you will read that I said when learning I think artistic expression is more important then rules. While in PP you may want to blend your thoughts with the "rules". But then again this rhetoric will not help you understand any, so why are you such an antagonist? Really bitter, you need to grow up.

I liked your picture, and I did not want to go to work early so I did a couple of quick edits. I am still new at this, but this is what I did. I used Picasa. I just clicked the straighten, crop, sharpen, and the saturation buttons. I adjusted each to my liking and I was done in about three minutes. The sharpening might be a little to much, but I liked the grain it added. Just my 2 cents

4243698365_c0f750a52a_b.jpg

Really like the first two. Not much happening in the top 1/3 of the first picture. Maybe cut out some sky and show some sand. Cloud formation in #2 is pretty sweet, maybe would have showed a lil' more of that. Pretty subtle changes as I think they are pretty good overall.

I liked your picture, and I did not want to go to work early so I did a couple of quick edits. I am still new at this, but this is what I did. I used Picasa. I just clicked the straighten, crop, sharpen, and the saturation buttons. I adjusted each to my liking and I was done in about three minutes. The sharpening might be a little to much, but I liked the grain it added. Just my 2 cents

4243698365_c0f750a52a_b.jpg

Thank you! Picasa was a pretty solid way of straightening the image I will surely use it in the future (at the end of PP, as it can only save .jpg :p) Thanks again, my final edit replaced the original in my Flickr set titles Myrtle Beach if anyone is interested on what a settled on (hint: i liked the panorama-style for that shot)

I recently went back to Miami University's campus (Oxford, Ohio) and took some night shots. I really wish i had the funds for a low light wide angle such as the 17-40mm or even the 24mm f/1.4L for night shots such as this, but I made due with what I have (i think, you all be the judge)...

4312953962_98e1f04c88_b.jpg

thoughts?

I like the clock photo!

thanks! :)

if anyone has any suggestions on getting good results with nighttime photography let me know. i have to admit it was cold and being as inexperienced as i am, i shot the nighttime shots in my 50D's "P - Program AE" mode.

I just watched a video of a photographer who does night shots. He used F/8 with a 10 sec shutter. His picture turned out amazing. He talked about how important it was to take the photo with a short window after sun set to still get detail in the sky rather than having just a black sky. I'll see if I can find the video and ill post a link for you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back