480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Having developed all sorts of film (Plus-X, Tri-X, color negs, Ektachrome) back in the 70s and 80s, I decided to 'get back in to' developing film. I purchased a Nikon FM2n a couple years ago as I have several lenses that will work on it. Today, I took the next step, and got all the goodies needed to develop black & white film.

BandWStuff.jpg

Sparky, is that all you need to develop with? Well, if all you are going to do is scan them to digital?

I need to get some measuring cups, and that's about all you really need. I plan on scanning in the negs, and if anything just happens to be print-worthy I'll send the neg to a lab.

For others who are wonding:

Timer: Smartphone app
Dark bag: Bathroom with no window.

hmmm, very interesting. I just got a Fuji film camera and a Canon AE-1 just this month and I have b&w in the Fuji right now.

I have no plans to get into printing the actual negatives as I have no place for a darkroom proper. But developing the film takes but only time.

I just googled it and found a very nice article on how to do it. I have seen it done before but forgot how simple that part was.

Nice shooting iron! Look forward to the results.

I just googled it and found a very nice article on how to do it. I have seen it done before but forgot how simple that part was.

It's silly-easy. I've seen recipes for casseroles that required more steps! It's nice to measure out the developer and fix in advance, so you only have to reach out and pour while you work. Once you have your negatives in hand, for pennies (!) you wonder what all the fuss is about. Go for it!

Sparky, it all looks great! I prefer the plastic reels, but it's all about what we get used to. Excited to see your results! :D

I have no plans to get into printing the actual negatives as I have no place for a darkroom proper. But developing the film takes but only time.

I have found that too much time in the digital darkroom results in enlargers becoming jealous and acting badly....

YES. ilford chemicals are the best

I use basically the same chemicals

Ilfostop and the rapid fixer, except i use LD29 rather than DD-X developer.

Very cheap to do at home - though my T90 rewinds the film automatically all the way in which is a pain for me.

Lookin' good Sparky! It gets in your blood.

Well, where is the picture of the dark needed to load the film? Even with the modern "daylight film developing tank", you need darkness! Total darkness!

Well, where is the picture of the dark needed to load the film? Even with the modern "daylight film developing tank", you need darkness! Total darkness!

Changing bag maybe ? (i hate those things)

Also not a fan of the metal tank in it - I found it kept scratching my emulsion, so I got a plastic one.

Nice darkroom!

Most reactions

Back