Horned Larks

AndrewHux

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.machtwomedia.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Was out on the prowl for a Snowy Owl the last few days only saw it one day ,but was quite surprised when i was able to capture images of these hard to shoot birds and not often seen in the photography forum world.

IMG_0586-1-copy_zpseca705f1.jpg

IMG_0552_zps429e43e3.jpg

IMG_0575_zps9254e46f.jpg

Nice shots! I don't know that I've ever even seen a horned lark in my area, never mind gotten a picture of one.

EDIT: I just looked and they are evidently listed as "common" birds year round here, but I've never seen one. Or known that I saw it, at least. :D

Great shots!, I have only seen one here in CT and it's horns were down...

Nice shots! I don't know that I've ever even seen a horned lark in my area, never mind gotten a picture of one.

EDIT: I just looked and they are evidently listed as "common" birds year round here, but I've never seen one. Or known that I saw it, at least. :D

Thank you much ,Yes they are quite common and key is knowing that you saw one they are all over fields and sides of roads but they are very flighty.

Great shots!, I have only seen one here in CT and it's horns were down...

Thank you ,these are my first decent images that I have been able to get after years of trying because they are so unapproachable.

but they are very flighty...because they are so unapproachable.

I'll say! I think I have maybe two or three decent images of this species from the past 8 years. Well done! I particularly like the first one.

Oh wow! These are exquisite. Thank you so much for sharing them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back