How are these edited?

CherylL

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How are these edited or what style would you call this technique? I did ask the photographer and no reply.

Audrey Bellot

Heavy vignetting, at least in the first few. Which to me often seems like there was too much space in the composition and it's an attempt to fill the space.

I usually call that the old sunshine in the forrest effect.

She started with a very shallow depth of field, most if not all the images are done with the 85mm lens at f/1.8 aperture. All look to have good focus on the eyes and decent composition. I think her style is still evolving, although all these images look to be from this year so it is a small time sample. Processing looks like it was done with LightRoom-Photoshop.

I saw a graphics package last night on Pinterest for florals. Maybe the foreground flora or fauna are graphics?

The look of the photos was familiar so I looked at the comments on a few and I saw that many of these were taken at a workshop with Alicia Zmstowska who I follow on Flickr. Maybe contact her with questions? Her bio seems friendly.

pretty simple here:

85mm 1.8 set wide open.
HEAVY vignette.
HEAVY manipulation in Photoshop, primarily to replace and/or smooth/blur the backgrounds.

photographer took special care in the placement of the dogs, flanked by objects to get a strong foreground element so the faked BG blur stands out more. None of these would look similar straight out of camera.

I completely agree with @Braineack. I personally am a fan of this look and follow Elena Shumilova linked below who I believe had truly mastered this style of processing. There are actually quite a few photoshop tutorials available on youtube that show some techniques to get this look.

Elena Shumilova

pretty simple here:

85mm 1.8 set wide open.
HEAVY vignette.
HEAVY manipulation in Photoshop, primarily to replace and/or smooth/blur the backgrounds.

photographer took special care in the placement of the dogs, flanked by objects to get a strong foreground element so the faked BG blur stands out more. None of these would look similar straight out of camera.

I have the same lens and if I try to take photos of my pups wide open then it is hard to get the eyes & the nose in focus. "None of these would look similar straight out of camera" I agree. Looks like light was painted in with the heavy vignette. I'll try googling again to find the post processing and will look at the Flickr pages that Sharon & kalgra mentioned. Thanks for the replies :)

This photographer focuses on the eyes, most the snouts are out of focus. I'd suggest the same.

Most reactions

Back