How are these??

Newsted

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Once again, I am posting my pics from Germany. I know, I know, it's getting boring, but once I get some free time on my hands, I will scan my most recernt pics. I just hope you guys are enjoying these! :D

TinyTown.jpg

Munchen.jpg

chow!

I like them! I prefer the one with the houses..dunno why :) the colour of it all rocks.

I can see them because I right clicked (I'm smart like that) on the red x, went to the properties and then copied the URL then pasted it into my browser...I wish others knew then they wouldnt have to be ignorant anymore and loose time by telling you that most web sites you can't hot link.

From now on, just post the URL to the picture, instead of putting the image up..that may work.

or better yet, just post the urls for the webpage the pictures are on, I know that works. :)

Goodluck :D

P.S. I think that when a moderator sees something wrong they should have a solution for it aside from telling you that the images are broken.

Most of us know to do that, but don't want to take the time. Call me a *****, but if people can't post their images or links in such a way that I can easily see it, then it's not worth me making an effort.

photong said:
P.S. I think that when a moderator sees something wrong they should have a solution for it aside from telling you that the images are broken.

You want a solution from a moderator? How about the thread at the top of this forum that lists all of the free hosts that allow you to post photos? Or what about the test forum that was created for this very purpose? Stating that someone should right click, copy the url and paste into the address bar isn't really a solution. That is called a work-around.

Orie is right. Most people are not going to take the time to do those steps even if a moderator posts these steps.

Did you see the mod tell the user that? No..that's not all the help people need (is a thread that deals with it because most people don't bother reading those.)

There are mods for a reason..

As for not taking the time, you're not a *****, just a tad lazy when it comes to supporting other photographers.

"Sticky: Posting Pics: Newbies, please read here first"

it's at the top of the forum; tough to miss.

this particular thread has undoubtedly been read by the original poster since the first attempt. the images still don't show.

so who is lazy? right; the original poster. can't take the time to f*cking read and won't correct errors.

supporting photographers? hell, i only support folks that take the time to present as if some thought and care went into it. it's bullsh*t laziness otherwise and not worth my time.

i think Orie and i are saying the same thing; if you EXPECT someone to GIVE you time, you best do your part.

As for not taking the time, you're not a *****, just a tad lazy when it comes to supporting other photographers.

what a load of crap.

and it is not the mods job to babysit, it is to 'moderate'.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=moderate

knock yourself out, champ.

IMO: #1 needs more sky and clouds. Other that that it a good shot. Sorry #2 does nothing for me.

photong said:
Did you see the mod tell the user that? No..that's not all the help people need (is a thread that deals with it because most people don't bother reading those.)
Why would someone go through the hassle of the "work-around" when the person posting the images wont take the time to read the information given to help post images?

Newsted, your pictures are still not accessible by clicking on the link. You still must copy and past the url into the address bar or you will get a 403 error.

I don't really want to get in the middle of a skirmish, but I too have had problems posting pictures. I've read the post about how to post pictures two or three times (to make sure I haven't made any mistakes) but I still can't make it work. I'm posting from a site that many people on this forum use to great success, and yet, it won't work for me. I don't know why. I know I could just post a link, but it's easier for the viewer to see the photo right away. If anyone has any further suggestions I am all ears. I believe I've tried everything, but I could be wrong. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated by me, and probably by others who may be having similar problems.
Thanks,
Brad

Grimmet,

What host are you using?
With the one I'm using, bytephoto.com , there is a question mark, followed by a number at the end of the url (ie ?1234). You have to leave that off of the url when you paste it in, or you only get a link to the photo on the site. Leaving it off results in the pic being posted:

255Double-Ex-Flower-med.jpg

Hope this helps.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back