how did i let you guys talk me into pulling the raws

If you really think i am wasting too much time on something i sure want to know it what it is and how to stream line.

Too much angst and then writing about it.

Just shoot, post, and learn.

. [/QUOTE]

Too much angst and then writing about it.

Just shoot, post, and learn.[/QUOTE]okay I just randomly picked something and posted it.

......So you may shoot JPEGs because you are just lazy, or you may shoot JPEGs because you want to nail it in the camera. A lot of photogs find it more exiting to get it perfect in the first place. In a way it is akin of film photography these days. Let me put it this way: JPEG is XXI century film.

One of the reasons why I switched from Nikon to FUJI recently was FUJI's JPEG files. In my view FUJI nails JPEGs as no other camera on the market....

First, forgive me all for adding any more to this thread. :joyous:

So Sashbar, I have one of the same Fuji X series cameras (X-E2) and I was out for a walk this afternoon. I have to admit I've had the camera for over a year now and have never created a single JPEG with it. So today I tried a few and I couldn't find the setting that lets me assign different tone curves to local areas of the image. Where is that in the menus?

Joe

off topic I guess but I just picked up adobe essential and premier primarily for video, I guess that is what it is geared to. Is it worth editing in essentials or should I just stick with capture? I really don't know jack about any of them. I thought about lightroom but figured essentials came with the movie addition I wanted and seemed more family oriented which is a lot of what I do when I am not pretending I am a photographer.. just installing now. can you even edit much in essentials?

Capture 1 pro is a professional level photo manipulation program. I am not familiar with Essentials, but I do have Capture 1 and I am planning to move 100% into Capture 1 when I feel Aperture is no longer viable. Since you got 'em, I suggest you try both and see what works best for you. It is hard for me to imagine Photoshop Elements 11(?) out performing Capture 1.

Capture 1 pro is a professional level photo manipulation program. I am not familiar with Essentials, but I do have Capture 1 and I am planning to move 100% into Capture 1 when I feel Aperture is no longer viable. Since you got 'em, I suggest you try both and see what works best for you. It is hard for me to imagine Photoshop Elements 11(?) out performing Capture 1.
elements 13. if it is that bad maybe I should return it and just buy the individual premier copy??

elements 13. if it is that bad maybe I should return it and just buy the individual premier copy??

The biggest drawback to Elements is it's inability to edit 16 bit files. It has a trimmed back version of ACR included which ironically can output a 16 bit file that then has to be converted down to 8 bits for Elements to edit. It's tone-editing functions are reasonable. It's color editing functions however are pretty poor.

Joe

The biggest drawback to Elements is it's inability to edit 16 bit files. It has a trimmed back version of ACR included which ironically can output a 16 bit file that then has to be converted down to 8 bits for Elements to edit. It's tone-editing functions are reasonable. It's color editing functions however are pretty poor.

Joe
so for photography it sucks, pretty much.

Joe

Depends on what you want and the level at which you want to work and what you'd use it for -- good for cloning out spots on a JPEG or prepping JPEGs to put on FB.

Joe

Last edited:

Joe

Depends on what you want and the level at which you want to work and what you'd use it for -- good for cloning out spots on a JPEG or prepping JPEGs to put on FB.

Joe
have to think about that one. I put better stuff on my facebook than anywhere else. Family sees that ya know..

unless you have to do serious editing I just don't see the point. And now after the last raw vs. jpeg debate I pulled mostly all raw figuring i will give it a shot. . in return for that, I have like 700 images to edit in which 670 or so would have been fine straight jpeg. Some probably better straight jpeg because since i don't really want to edit them all im not exactly doing a stellar job at it. plus I have to convert all the them, plus my back up just sucked up all these raw files wasting space. so i have to delete the raws from the backup and replace them with smaller jpegs. Tempted to do a batch edit and just toss out about half that don't make it.

damn it, i knew i shouldn't have listened wth was i thinking. Talk about a waste of time and energy...

i got to stop listening to people. i just got to.. this is just a waste of time and a total mess and more hours. And since i am converting them all to jpeg anyway just totally retarded and redundant. And the one photo i thought i would get the benefit from, a bw. Probably would have came out better straight highcontrast jpeg with no editing.
total, total, waste , of....... my............................................................time......................................
I've never shot raw, just don't see the point when I don't need it. Tough to lay blame on anyone else except yourself. You tried, you learned. End of story.

I also use Capture One I love the colours it produces and how easy it is to use

Most reactions

New Topics

Back