how do I set up a new flash and new camera?

Gonzo Gator

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I would like to use a Sunpak MZ440AF-NE with my Nikon F-10 35mm film camera with a 35-70 Nikkor zoom lens (both acquired within the past 24 hours or so). The directions that came with the flash concern AF focus cameras only. But the F-10 is completely manual.

I note that the 1/125th shutter speed setting on the camera dial is red. Does this mean I should stay on that speed when using the flash? Or do I use the "traditional" 1/60th shutter speed?

The flash has a sliding mechanism to select different ASA speeds. So do I match this with the speed of film I use (or does the sliding mechanism only work for AF?)?

I will keep searching the internet. I suspect I'll just have to experiment with f-stops, film speeds, etc. I appreciate any tips you may have.

I note that the 1/125th shutter speed setting on the camera dial is red. Does this mean I should stay on that speed when using the flash? Or do I use the "traditional" 1/60th shutter speed?
1/125 or slower.

The flash has a sliding mechanism to select different ASA speeds. So do I match this with the speed of film I use (or does the sliding mechanism only work for AF?)?
Yes, always use the slider switch.[/QUOTE]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back