caisys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
buy a $4,000 camera.

example of shots you took please.

Buy a Leica?
Really that Sony should give good colors, my old Sony P&S gave excellent colors.

Thank you for the advice. If you check the photographers profile somehow he seems to get similar looking photos regardless of his gear :)
Wether its a Leica, Nikon 810, Ricoh etc

Knowing your way around the editor? I'm guessing there are some subtle adjustments, not just saturation.

It's the location. Those are exclusively Hong Kong colors.

Joe

Ok, I see that I already had Ming Thein's blog bookmarked that he has some upcoming classes (Chicago 25 Sept). If you can't make that course then check out his Technique section on the blog.

I think Joe got it right - those are very pure colored things so they produce pure colored photos. The rest of the areas in the photos look very normal. Sharp and clear but normal colors.

The camera doesn't matter too much... a modern APS-C camera or full-frame camera might be a good choice... compared to spending tons on a Leica. One prime lens, a 35mm lens on full frame or 24mm on crop sensor... f1.8... would be useful. And then Lightroom and/or Photoshop. Knowledge of lighting, location is huge (as mentioned), but editing skills can take you a very very very long way in terms of getting particular looks or styles that you want (overall color, etc).

There's nothing crazy-special about the images you linked. They look nice, location/environment is the biggest factor of course. The light you get is the light you get, colors, etc... to an extent.

You would need to learn about color theory, and then learn to use curves in Photoshop, which is beyond the scope of a forum post I think. I would suggest "Professional Photoshop: The Classic Guide to Color Correction" by Dan Margulis. I don't know if it has been updated for the latest and greatest CC app, but colors are colors.

It's the location. Those are exclusively Hong Kong colors.

Joe
Yeah, it's Hong Kong colors.

by Usul on Photography Forum

To be serious I guess he just change WB a little making it warmer and add some clarity. It's all post and doesn't depend on camera much.

honestly. I have no idea what you're even going for.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back