How do you get this effect?

You want these effects? or want to know why? If you want them I would suggest banging your camera on the ground for a while until something starts to rattle. That should produce an effect like this, or one which is just as frustrating I am sure.

Seriously though, I thought the first was a just a large glare, but on 2 you can see a defined line down the middle. Assuming this is scanned film, do you possibly have light leaking in somewhere?

I suspect this is some sort of lightleak within a film camera and the film is being overexposed in that area due to some sort of natural light leak into the camera. As its in a direct line I would guess some sort of mount/lens problem which resulting in that specific area only being overexposed/altered.

As for achiving it yourself chances are you to could reproduce the effect in photoshop - a layer mask on a saturation layer with the saturation desaturated. You might thrown a colourcast over that as well to get that reddy effect you want - whilst also lightly blurring around the edges of this defined area to merge it in with the rest of the shot.

why would you want this affect..?

You want these effects? or want to know why? If you want them I would suggest banging your camera on the ground for a while until something starts to rattle. That should produce an effect like this, or one which is just as frustrating I am sure.

haha that's pretty funny

Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess...but I wouldn't ask for C&C after you desecrate your photos with that! lol

I don't come to this site for C&C anymore cuz people are way too stuck up.

Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess...but I wouldn't ask for C&C after you desecrate your photos with that! lol

Agreed. You'd never hear the end of it. :lol:

Do the sample photos come from a friend's camera? If yes, find a similar one that actually doesn't have the problem and trade. It would be a lot easier/faster than trying to re-create it in PS. Plus you'd probably make your friend happy. :D

I have a camera that does that.

AE-1

If you don't come here cuz people are stuck up, why did you come here and ask your question?

AE-1

If you don't come here cuz people are stuck up, why did you come here and ask your question?

My thoughts... Some people are just into the pain. You know self mutilation, cutting, from what I hear its some sort of addreline rush. Maybe it works in the cyber world as well. :lol:

I am sure the OP just knew to get the correct anwer, you gotta come to TPF.

AE-1

I guess you felt like my comment applied to you.
I come here for advice from people who know more about photography then me.

Buy a HOLGA drop it, take pictures

Addie I apologize for these insensitive smartass creeps we have here trying to make fun of your obvious keen eye for creative photography. I have a lens that will replicate that exact look on almost any image you take a photo of. As a matter of fact that lens is for sale and I will let it go for $300 dollars and I'll pay for shipping. The lens comes in 47 pieces and was drug behind a Volvo for 3 miles on a dirt road to produce the desired effect. Let me know if you would like to purchase the lens.

mike zukerman photography

Addie I apologize for these insensitive smartass creeps we have here trying to make fun of your obvious keen eye for creative photography. I have a lens that will replicate that exact look on almost any image you take a photo of. As a matter of fact that lens is for sale and I will let it go for $300 dollars and I'll pay for shipping. The lens comes in 47 pieces and was drug behind a Volvo for 3 miles on a dirt road to produce the desired effect. Let me know if you would like to purchase the lens.

mike zukerman photography

lol, I was read the "insensitive smartass creeps"! and thought, You stuck up, non humour having A$$, then I read the rest...lol :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back