• sugar

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Starbucks style "coffee"

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Roofing tar truckstop coffee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Like I like my women, hot, sweet and full of cream

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Like I like me men, dark, steamy and hurting the back of my throat.

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters
True story:

In late October of 1981, I was in the Navy recruiter's office in Smithtown, New York.

While doing a bunch of paperwork and stuff the Chief Petty Officer and I had the following conversation (I'd only taken my coffee "regular", with milk & sugar, up until then):

"Steve, would you like some coffee?"

"Sure, Chief, thanks!"

I walk over to the big, cylindrical boiler pot, grabbed a cup, and filled it.

"Hey, Chief, where's the milk and sugar?"

"Oh, you'll find those down in the Air Force recruiter's office down the hall".

I've taken my coffee black ever since.

I'm not all too picky. After drinking Navy coffee for 20 years, 7-Eleven is gourmet to me.

I can't stand Starbuck's, but I love Tim Horton's...

Hey Steve, I was a black shoe BM. My last duty station was on the USS KittyHawk ( CV-63) out of NAS Coronado. When Senior Chief Vivick made the morning coffee, you where better off using it to bust the rust than drinking it. *$ is for folks who think they like coffee, if I must buy coffee CBTL here in SoCal is the only place I'll go.

Newtricks if you are in LA, stop by an Intelligentsia coffee shop. I think you will like them.

I like to make my own with one of the metal stop top espresso things, with Kicking Horse coffee beans, freshly ground. I usually make it Americano + 18% cream (none of the half and half BS!)

True story:

In late October of 1981, I was in the Navy recruiter's office in Smithtown, New York.

While doing a bunch of paperwork and stuff the Chief Petty Officer and I had the following conversation (I'd only taken my coffee "regular", with milk & sugar, up until then):

"Steve, would you like some coffee?"

"Sure, Chief, thanks!"

I walk over to the big, cylindrical boiler pot, grabbed a cup, and filled it.

"Hey, Chief, where's the milk and sugar?"

"Oh, you'll find those down in the Air Force recruiter's office down the hall".

I've taken my coffee black ever since.

I'm not all too picky. After drinking Navy coffee for 20 years, 7-Eleven is gourmet to me.

I can't stand Starbuck's, but I love Tim Horton's...

LOL, Military life will do that to you.

I normally take my coffee with sugar added in it. It is only sometimes when I take it black and sometimes espresso.

Medium roast ground coffee steam filtered through my old Senseo machine and served with sugar and condensed milk in my personalised Swansea City AFC mug. Just after six in the morning in my kitchen listening to the radio.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I like mine black but I definitely prefer to brew it myself. Starbucks Coffee ranks high on my list of choice coffees. This site (Daily Cuppa Coffee) has Starbucks and a lot of other good coffee brands: http://www.dailycuppacoffee.com/shop-by-brands/starbucks. If I'm out I like Starbucks Caramel doppio but I have to be in the mood for it and have the calories to spare!

I buy Eight O'Clock 100% Columbian whole bean coffee and grind enough for no more than two days at a time. I keep the beans and the grind in the freezer. I use two teaspoons of coffee per each cup of coffee and add a touch of French Vanilla creamer to turn the color. The spent filter and grounds works wonders in the compost heap.

Although I've been grinding beans for about fifeteen or twenty years, I'll try and find the post for a damn good reason for doing so.

I've got another option.

blech, coffee is gross. I only drink it if I'm absolutely desperate to wake up

I need to amend this.

In a last-ditch effort to incorporate coffee into my diet (black coffee from quality beans is very healthy) I started cold brewing coffee. It's not as bitter and when it's finished and it lasts a lot longer when brewed in a large batch. My experiment started this weekend and I'm happy to say I can finally drink coffee without adding a million grams of sugar and pinching my nose .

I had to vote for cream only but really, really wanted to vote for the last option. Just cuz it's funny...I swear

Most reactions

New Topics

Back