How is the color on this one...CC

Photos de l'amour

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just messing around last night and shot this in RAW. My first time! I didn't have my camera set to daylight so I changed that in the program. Is the color right in this??

DSC_0011-Copy.jpg

This shot is sooo close to being a really good shot.

It is a tad overexposed and a little dull in the color. If her eyes were just a little more in focus. Also the light source from her back may be too strong/bright. I think I see you are trying to keep it soft??? If so, make sure the eyes are still 'there'.

Yes. Colour is good.
A pity that only the farther of her eyes is in focus. Aperture may have been just a stop or two too wide open.
But I guess she'll pose for you again! :D

The light was from the window and I took this while our 7 year old was pulling out his loose tooth. LOL I just saw her sitting there and said don't move! I saw that the left eye wasn't in focus....so if I would have changed the f/stop that would have helped that right? Maybe I can mess with it in PS and see if I can help it out.

I am sure the good toothfairy helped to bring a smile afterwards. ;)

Ok, I tried to mess with it....is it any better or worse?
What do you think about my logo?

DSC_0011-Copy2.jpg

It was actually her brother pulling the tooth. She had just lost hers a week before this, lol.

You can see my girls in the background watching him.

DSC_0019.jpg

de l'amour
It may be just me and my screen, but I like the changes you made in the last shot.

Now that 2nd one is actually a pretty good shot in my opinion... I feel the tension! It could use some pp work, but you really tell a story with it.

What PP work does it need, I am still learning. What does PP actually stand for?
So the changes I made to the first photo make it better?
How about my watermark/logo?

PP stands for post processing.
And I find large watermarks distracting. I usually set mine to "hardly to be seen". Just as a watermark. And yes, your second version of the photo of your daughter is better, however, you will never get that eye which is out of focus any sharper.

I knew PP had to do with editing but couldn't figure out exactly what. Thx

I know that eye can't get any better. That's ok. It'll do.

I will soften up the watermark.

I like the second photo much better. I can't place my finger where the focus is, but for portrait, it needs to be the eye. I am struggling with this myself.

Most reactions

Back