How to photograph mobile phones?

mediaspin360

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mediaspin360.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Most of the small electronics cannot be free-standing which in this case are the cell phones. What are the tricks of making them stand up? I'm currently working on shooting the iPad and iPhones.

Thanks.

Often I will use hot glue and a small stand behind the subject. In almost all cases hot glue wont hurt your product and will peel right off once your done.

There's also a product called "museum wax", a tacky substance used to position items for display. The wax doesn't leave a residue, hence is perfect for museum use!
Looks like eBay has it for ~ $10 for 2 ounces...

Our photographer is a such a genius! Our client need the iPad to be photographed in 360 degrees at 0 degrees elevation. The product will need to spin therefore we cannot have anything supporting it and it has to be upright. Our photographer used a pair of fishing lines and a gaffer's tape to make it upright and used a double sided tape on the bottom to secure it. As our robotic turntable is turning, it took all 72 shots around the product. Amazing!

Blue tac should do the trick, just push some behind the phone to act as a "foot"

Most reactions

Back