How to tell my parents I'm comin out the closet...

GEP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys... I figured id try 2 get some advice from yall about how I could tell my parents that i'm gay.

I really don't know how to tell them. I just don't want my friends finding out,

Or those guys on sherdog.... id never hear the end of that one. :(

You post this on a photography forum why?

Good way to get attention on your first post if nothing else. Sorry I have no advice, but then that makes about as much sense as this post on a photography forum.

You say "Mom, Dad, I'm gay." Then you deal with their reaction. Your friends probably already know. And I don't know who/what "sherdog" is.

...i'm not really a portait kind of photographer,although i love to get candid stuff in the "pits" at the dragstrips that i frequent.That being said,I don't know how well lit the room is you'll be entering upon coming out of the closet.But I know when you tell your parents that you are gay,well....i can't believe thats a shot you'll never get a second chance at.I'm exageratting,of course,but I wouldn't let go of the shutter until the battery was dead.

You say um mom dad,,some guys shoot nikon, some guys shoot canon,,,,.....I shoot guys!

I was thinking of some kind words, but when you nailed it....you nailed it

Um, you want to be sure to set your aperture properly to ensure you have proper depth of field on your Dad's facial expression when you tell him. :lol:

Seriously, dude... this is a photography forum. I'm sure some of us are LGBT, but it hardly seems like the place to be looking for this kind of advice. Try an LGBT forum... I have to believe there are tons of them.

All that said... best of luck to you. I hope your parents take it well. You have to be who you are.

Hey guys... I figured id try 2 get some advice from yall about how I could tell my parents that i'm gay.

I'm on sherdog.

I never pictured Mana for a fluffy bunny kinda guy!

And yet it seems I've been proven wrong!

I'm on sherdog.

I am too.

Well, this is a photo forum so I would suggest some tasteful images of you and your "special friend" playing nude leap-frog on the kitchen counter would break the ice nicely. This will likely be in low light so you'll probably need a tripod... another tri-pod, and a fast lens. If you need a boost to your self confidence you could use a macro lens...

I never pictured Mana for a fluffy bunny kinda guy!

And yet it seems I've been proven wrong!

I was thinking maybe it would help smooth out my rough image. :)

manaheim said:
Um, you want to be sure to set your aperture properly to ensure you have proper depth of field on your Dad's facial expression when you tell him. :lol:

I'm dead!! Lmao. I can't with y'all.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back