How?

If that was on purpose, I would also guess filtration. But it looks overexposed to me.

markc said:
It has that low-saturation and slightly yellow look like it was taken in the 70's. When you say soft, do you mean the colors then? Not the focus?

yes,yes, that retro approach i meant to say..how was this done?

Id say photoshop at least these days.You might find some neutral color old film. It could even be color film crossed in slide chem.

markc said:
I think cross-process tends to be much more drastic than that.

If you want to try a modern low-sat film, take a look at Kodak 160NC.

I dont think its crossed but it has the pinky orange color that you get from c-41 in e-6 chem and the dark shadows. Like I said its probably p-shop but icrossed may be a solution.

Sorry Im wrong there is no way on the face of the earth that those could be crossed process. How stupid could I be? I guess I'll just have go with what ever you say. Man, Im stupid.

It looks to be a classic nothing technically noteworthy shot.
I would say it was taken with a cheap point and shoot. Except that the framing of the subject is not typical of point and shoot users. So I will ponder that it was taken with a 35mm.
I see little evidence of filter use except maybe a polarizer as I look at the sky. Then again I have seen sky turn out like that with out a polarizer.
I conclude that this look was obtained in the printing phase not the taking phase. Not to sound negative or critical, but I think a high volume Walmart could pull it off and likely be the typical result. Which I consider an inferior result. But to each his own.
I aslo admit it just as easily could be a digital never printed image.

All of this has gotten even more confusing..i also looked at that link with all those pics from different films posted and it really ****ed me off because i dont see any of these films out here in the photo shop..oh, they guy who took the pic, i actually know him but he seems to act like he invented photography and wont give any infos on how it was shot, processed,etc..

Most reactions

Back