I can be super nerdy. (What don't people expect about you?)

I'm actually pretty nice.

That's just a bold-faced lie. :sexywink: :lol:

I'm a hat guy but, so that I don't embarrass my wife I almost never wear hats unless it's a ball cap.
I have several fedoras, three cowboy hats, a couple of hook er' dunes'(don't actually know their real names). Lol! Also I like dressing like I'm straight out of the thirties. Always been into that era. Three piece suits are the bomb! Lol!

That's kind of awesome, though. Haha.
Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong era.

Nah, you just gotta rock out what you feel like. Screw current trends. Haha.
Yeah see I don't really care what people think but, I don't want to embarrass my wife when we go out so I tend to abide by her wishes. I don't blame her. I've just never been one to follow the social norms. I like my own style. I found the actual name of the (hook er dune) it's a flat cap. I also like my Panama hats. And love my Dr martin wingtip shoes.

Ah, see... my husband wears whatever the hell he wants. Even if I beg him not to. He still does. Sometimes I wish he was more like you. :lol:
Or maybe I need to be more like him! Lol!

I think when people are surprised at something about me, it's more because they have stereotypes of English teachers in their minds and aren't really paying attention to me. They assume I'm all prim and proper and judgmental. They are surprised when they learn that I used to be a bartender, that I curse like a sailor and like sports. And for some reason, people are always thrown off by the fact that I'll drink things like real martinis or straight Scotch/bourbon/whiskey.

I will watch other people play video games on YouTube.

How's that for nerdy?

I will watch other people play video games on YouTube.

How's that for nerdy?

I just got done talking with my friend who works for ESL, so I could get the link for tomorrows Hearthstone Finals that are streaming, that my OTHER friend is currently in LA getting ready to photograph. :lol:

So I would say we're probably on equal standing there. :allteeth:

I'm still trying to figure out all this streaming stuff, but I find it fascinating. And it's fun to do when I'm pissed off about not being able to build a decent Warrior deck..... o_O

I just watch other people kick other peoples' asses instead. :laugh2:

I mostly watch the funny people like pewdiepie and nerd3.

I play video games too!! Well, got my first PS4 this week. I turn it on, but nothing happens! I mean, I'm so bad at it, I don't have the foggiest clue on what to even do to make it do anything! Like one game................. The Last of Us, the girl wakes up, rubs her eyes, and yawns. Like for 20 minutes!! Over and over and over!! I click buttons and curse, but nothing happens!! Then there's this stupid, greedy English merchant in Assassin's Creed: Black Flag............ Stede Bonnett, always scheming to make money. I can't get to him to save his sorry ass! Grrr!!!!! And what's with all of the melodrama video crap?! Good grief! Can I not just get a railgun and kill monsters?!?! What's happened to video games over the last 30 years?!?!?!

I've been really heavy in MMOs since I was about 10. I first got into Final Fantasy XI around that time, which, back in the day, was a VERY hardcore and punishing MMO in terms of time investment and design. I had a 200-ish page binder of maps, quest notes, bestiary tips, and cross references that I put together in order to streamline the game a bit since its UI and game design were somewhat archaic (See above: punishing)

I guess I'm a nerd in that respect.

Now I'm just trying to figure out how to afford a PS4 and a Wii U (mostly for Bayonetta and Mario Kart)

Just give me one of these and some monsters. PLEASE!!!!

atari-joystick.jpg

I would love to tell you all what 407370 means but........

That I know how to salsa dance. Based on the music I listen to on a regular basis and my goofy awkwardness, it always comes as a surprise to people. Some don't even believe me until I start explaining the steps to them or just straight up grab my wife and start dancing; It is how she and I met after all.

I think when people are surprised at something about me, it's more because they have stereotypes of English teachers in their minds and aren't really paying attention to me. They assume I'm all prim and proper and judgmental. They are surprised when they learn that I used to be a bartender, that I curse like a sailor and like sports. And for some reason, people are always thrown off by the fact that I'll drink things like real martinis or straight Scotch/bourbon/whiskey.

will you marry me?

will you marry me?

Would your wife approve? ;)

will you marry me?

Would your wife approve? ;)

she said she could use a break.

Most reactions

Back