Reaction score
I'm goin back to Cali Cali I'm goin back to Cali
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
which I like shooting more
I come from a Film Background
and I have quite a few Film Cameras
I also have my 7D which I love

I love Digital for the simplicity I can check my photos as I'm taking them.

I love Film cause it keeps me in check on thinking about what I want to shoot.

I don't know
Digital = Instant gratification
Film = the surprise element

either way I love both and I don't think I could ever stop doing either one.

I just like the cost of digital. Sure, it costs more up front...sometimes a lot more, but after that I think it surpasses the savings from film. If I spent the money on developing my pictures from my digital camera...that would be a whole lot of money (thousands).

The time flows and the world is moving. In my view the film era has come to an end. It is sad thing to know, but the technology is moving regradless of our emotion.

When the digital camera first appeared not long ago actually, people stayed with the film because the amount of mega pixel in it was far too low to compare with the film. But look at the hassleblad camera now, it has 38 or 39 mega pixel. I may miss read it but even my 6 mp is top class performer, and my nokia 5 mp.

Accept it that the film era has come to it's usefulness, and let's move on.

I shoot both film and digital. Mostly just b/w film (35mm Nikon FE and Holga 120), and digital (d70) for color. I develop the film myself and scan it.

I think one of the things I like about shooting film is the camera itself. It's much more simplistic so all i'm really thinking about is what i'm looking at through the viewfinder, plus the camera itself is smaller. I like the feel of the metal body, the manual focus, the film wind lever. Not to mention the viewfinder is twice as large and bright compared to the d70. I don't get the same feelings when I shoot with my dslr. I just shoot film for "fun". Most of my "wall hangers" came from film. If I want to record an event or something more serious, i'd probably use my dslr so that I can review and know I have the shot or not.

As far as film being useless and moving on... that may be true as far as professional photography is concerned, but film is far from dead. I was just in Freestyle Photo on Saturday and some guy was buying full darkroom gear. Everytime I go in that store (once a week), there's at least 5-10 other people in there, buying film supplies. As long as the hobbyists enjoy shooting film, (and the die hard old skool pros) it will still be around.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back