I caved

Umm, I shot the roll off over a week, no worries on speed :) The size and weight just isn't for me.

I tried to find one locally to handle before I ordered as well, but no dice. Ah well :)

I agree with you, taraj. I wouldn't use it either and for the same reason. Boxy style MF cameras with eye-level prisms are awkward IMO.

But, with a waist level finder I think they are much more ergonomic and pleasant to use but the 645E model doesn't offer that option.

Yeah, it was really awkward. I'm ok with digi and my 35mm for now :)

Sw1tchFX said:
The 80mm for the mamiya manual focus cameras is just about the smallest 80mm you'll find in MF, and it is RAZOR sharp. Wide open or stopped down, no difference in sharpness on minilab scans. It's also got fantastic looking bokeh when shot wide open.

You'll love the scans you get back from IFL (if you're still using them), they'll smoke 35mm. If you want your socks knocked off, shoot Ektar 100 @ 50 and have it scanned off the Noritsu. Incredible color and sharpness with almost no grain.

Is that true for both the f1.9 and f/2.8? Im thinking of getting the f/1.9 because a local dealer has one.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

Box that cumbersome thing up and send it to me right away! I will dispose of it properly for you.:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back