I don't do much black and white

Maggedy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
(though I really love it) so my conversion skills are poor, but FWIW here are a couple I took with the 35L. These are muddy, yes?

4839663416_bd686daa02_b.jpg

4839020057_fb7b0f8ab5_b.jpg

No they're pretty much the opposite of muddy. The contrast is borderline excessive -- you're starting to lose details in some areas, like the chair cushion in #1, and the ears in #2. Burning these areas will help bring the detail and separation back.

No they're pretty much the opposite of muddy. The contrast is borderline excessive -- you're starting to lose details in some areas, like the chair cushion in #1, and the ears in #2. Burning these areas will help bring the detail and separation back.

I know almost nothing about black & white.

It seems that its more important when working with B&W to not blow out the highlights/shadows? Is this correct?

Thank you, white. I see now. I knew *something* was wrong.

I agree with this, and -- in case you decide to work more on these images -- I'd like to suggest that you also burn all the white that appears out of focus in the background and lower left of the frame in #1.

That seems to be one sharp lens, by the way.

I agree with this, and -- in case you decide to work more on these images -- I'd like to suggest that you also burn all the white that appears out of focus in the background and lower left of the frame in #1.

That seems to be one sharp lens, by the way.

These are some of my first shots from the 35L. Looks promising!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back