I have a problem...

I mean no offense, Yemme, but when I read that sculptures gave you the heebie jeebies, I was like, "Doctor Who, anyone?" (Don't Blink!) :oops:

BEST episode of Dr. Who ... EVER...

Me? I'm scared of heights.... but it doesn't stop me from getting the shot (or fixing my roof).

Me? I'm scared of heights.... but it doesn't stop me from getting the shot (or fixing my roof).

I can understand the fear of heights it logically makes sense. What I just don't understand is my fear of still old objects, some not all. It's like an object is so beautiful with my own eyes and when I look through the lens more definition of that object creeps me out. I never had that before and It wasn't an issue. I don't know... Oh well.

Maybe instead of looking at the cracks, stains and what not, purposefully look for the beauty in an object. Start by doing that in new things, old things, ugly and pretty things. Soon it becomes habit (habits form in roughly 2-3 weeks of consistent use), and then bring the camera in... take pics of everything BUT the things that used to creep you out, look ONLY for the beauty in an object, and concentrate on composition and camera settings... then after 3 weeks do the same for SMALL things that creep you out and move up.

Just may help.

Good luck! :)

Thanks Jerry... I guess I have to try and change my view...I'll try to think happy thoughts.:hug::

and it does not help you at all, but I have a blurry shot of a bear I once took. I came across it in the forest, and I sure was not hanging around. I think I stood there exactly 1/30 of a second, than ran! Even having someone with me was not enough to make me relax (partly because I did not think I could run faster than him).

:lol: It's really bugging me...:(

Well, one school of thought says that to overcome a fear you need to desensitize yourself by exposing yourself to it a lot. I wouldn't recommend it for getting over something like the fear of getting hit by a bus ;) or anything but in this case it might make sense. :D

Thanks Jerry... I guess I have to try and change my view...I'll try to think happy thoughts.:hug::

Think of each gargoyle as being one huge gorgeous male nude model just waiting for you to capture some special picture for PlayGirl magazine! And leave out the puckered anus feeling... lmao!

Things that tower over me, makes this happen....:pale:

I don't like doctors either... :lol:

Last edited:
Could just be a fear of age and decay. Kinda like a reminder of your mortality. This usually happens with people that put a lot of stock in beauty they fear the decay that they know will eventually happen to them. Those of us that don't put much stock into it don't usually understand.

Could just be a fear of age and decay. Kinda like a reminder of your mortality. This usually happens with people that put a lot of stock in beauty they fear the decay that they know will eventually happen to them. Those of us that don't put much stock into it don't usually understand.

Not afraid of getting old. It's just that I get scared. Maybe it's from to many horror flicks or a situation that happened a while back... oh well.

This is exactly why my wife won't follow me into a graveyard.....

Nah... it's the heebe jeebes... something might come out of the ground.

Ah.. HA... too much "night of the living dead" type movies eh?

I've been in many spooky graveyards the one tomb that kinda gave me the chills was this one <see attached, page from one of my photo class projects>. It look like something tried to break out and someone just placed a rock over the hole.

Attachments

• $photobook002.jpg
    $photobook002.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 76

Most reactions

Back