I haven't been critiqued in a while, so...

hobbes28

Incredible
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.fatephoto.com
I dug out the old Konica and started taking some pictures around the house. I'll start with my favorite from the roll so if no one likes it, I won't post any more. :)

workarea.jpg

I like it! But then I'm a sucker for these folksy kind of still life images. It's got a very homey feel to it, like we've walked into your study. (And, you know, rummaged through your photos.) :blulsh2:

I'd like to see this identical image with more DOF and compare them. I think I like this, but I also want to see another.... :scratch:

The B&W is perfect. :goodvibe:

Thanks terri. I'll have to set that one up again and retake with a different DOF. I just love how shallow you can get it with that 50mm f1.4 lens and it shows. I do have some more from the roll I'm going to post later.

Or, you can see them all here. (not 56K friendly)

Oh...my....god....that top shot of the kitty is great!!! It makes me laugh, and your use of the shallow DOF is perfect in that image. :D

btw....:cough: that picture of you is pretty cute, though sadly too soft. :wink:

I want to see the rest of those when you're done!

Interesting picture hobbes, makes me think.

The only part truly in focus are the glasses, which is different, and intentional.
I get the impression from the photo that the person working on the poloroid in the picture was tired of working on it and wanted a rest, kinda like blurry from looking at it too long.

I may not be right, but thats what i see in it. :wink:

I love the story of this photo. The composition is great and the black and white really brings out the mood. Great job!

It sure is a fine shot!

Thanks for the comments everyone. :) I had dug up an old camera for taking this series of pictures and didn't quite know how they would turn out.

I think the only reason I put the DOF so shallow and focused on the glasses is because those glasses are mine and after looking at a polaroid for an hour, everything else gets blurry. So for me it was more about how the glasses bring everything else into focus, hence the point of focus. [/blabber]
I did take another with a better DOF that I'll be posting later to see what everyone thinks of it.

Actually, now seems like a good time. (I didn't feel like starting another thread)

workareanew.jpg

Thanks again!! :):):)

I'm happy to see this for comparison. :D

And now that I have....I think I like the first one better. It's more intimate in composition. Does that make sense??

Most reactions

New Topics

Back