I just got a second Canon Rebel xt

gtaylor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have several lenses and wanted to keep two bodies "loaded" all the time, one wide angle and one zoom

And the XT has served me so well and I didn't want to learn an additional camera at this point.
So just purchased a second body.

Who else uses two bodies?

just curious ;)

I have a Nikon D300 as my main, and when the need arises, I use my Nikon D80 as well. For example, at sporting events, I'll sometimes use my Nikon D300 with a Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR, and I'll use my Nikon D80 with my Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8. I've done that combination a few times. If you want to get technical, the D80 is my father's, but since I am 17 and live with my parents, I can use it when I want.

I shoot weddings for money, so a backup camera is an absolute necessity. I typically use both cameras, one with my main lens and the other with a telephoto or a fast prime.

I sometimes shoot with two bodies.. especially with prime lenses.
With the low cost of the Rebels (last years models especially), why not?

It will be the best thing you've ever done! For me... Shooting Macro and Wildlife was very frustrating with one body. I missed so many shots switching between lenses.

If you can afford it, why not have two bodies. Beats the hell out of constantly switching lenses. You lose a lot of photo ops in doing so. I have a 40D on my 400 prime and a loaner 20D for my 70-200. Will soon upgrade to either a 5D Mark II or 1D Mark III.

I have several lenses and wanted to keep two bodies "loaded" all the time, one wide angle and one zoom

And the XT has served me so well and I didn't want to learn an additional camera at this point.
So just purchased a second body.

Who else uses two bodies?

just curious ;)

I was going to wait a while and get the 30D , but at just a little over $300.00 I could not pass up a second XT. I will get the 30 or 40 D when I can "justify" it, but I am in no hurry to learn a new camera.

The XT has served me so well.:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back