I just won a potato gun....

Sry, I meant make one, lmao.........didn't realize I said it wrong.

But yeah, you can make one w/out winning one, no b/s involved.

www.instructables.com :)

Oh yeah, and you should probably sell it on craigslist, hahahah

careful Corry, they are quite illegal in some states. ;)

If you don't know, a potato gun is a long plastic pipe big enough for a potato to fit in and a hole at the bottom so you can spray hairspray(or anything of the like) in and light. Launching the potato quite far.

it's actually very dangerous. :lol:

Hmmm...well that worries me, then...I didn't think they were anything bad. Didn't really know exactly what it was, but the woman I won it from got hers in a Bag of Crap that she won on Woot.com. Strange that they would include illeagal things in thier BOCs.

It's not going to be staying around my house, anyway...I was planning to just take it down to my cousin's farm and let them have some fun with it. They're all hunters and whatnot, and have taken the safety courses and have the permits and whatnot.

I can't seem to find anything definitive on the internet that says if it's legal or not.

From Wikipedia: "It should be noted that supersonic velocities may be attained in some rare case due to an excessive "dead space" between the air release valve and projectile. The blast of incoming air can raise the pressure so rapidly in this dead space that high temperatures, sometimes sufficient to achieve supersonic velocities, can occur."
LOLOLOL

They are quite fun, we had one back in the day.

Hey I actually have a couple of those Guns!!
I made one that uses fuel and the other that uses compressed air.
They are great fun for get togethers and for taking out some frustrations on some helpless spuds.
Oh yeah limes make great ammo as well.
Have fun and AIM HIGH!!!!;)

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ok, I got the potato gun in.

It's nothing like I thought. It's a toy pretty much. It's a teeny potato pellet gun that is made of plastic and looks like a little toy squirt gun almost. You punch the barrel of the gun into a potato and break of a 'potato pellet' with a downward motion. It says it shoots pellets up to 50 feet though!

I'll try it out later. Maybe I'll pelt my peice of poo car with it when it comes back from the mechanic's.

Found a picture of the exact one online...

spudgun540.jpg

Seriously, that's all it is! :lol:

Most reactions

Back