I love gasoline!!!

I keep seeing all the con tricks being advertised now. I saw one the other day - some gizmo that was supposed to turn water into fuel for $79.95. Some people will believe anything!

That's CRAZY! But the sad thing is, is that someone out there will believe this and spend money on that! Although, wouldn't it be nice if that were true though? And if it were true, to be able to use on EVERY car, not just certain ones?

I wouldn't mind paying that much for gasoline if a) I had a short (kilometer-wise) commute, and b) if there was adequate mass transit.[...]
My drive to work is about 5 miles. There is no mass transit at all in the town I live in, not even buses. If gas gets as high as I've been hearing ($10/gal in 2-3 years) a lot of people around here (with much longer commutes than mine) will be pretty screwed.

I keep seeing all the con tricks being advertised now. I saw one the other day - some gizmo that was supposed to turn water into fuel for $79.95. Some people will believe anything!

hmmm... some sort of steam-based engine? it'll never work i tells ya!

I miss the days of the Casey's and Kum & Go gas wars! I remember the summer after i graduated high school (1997) paying 92 cents a gallon because the stations were trying to drive down prices in the name of competition. Gas in Nebraska was still cheap when I was in college. Oh well. Things change.

These days I live across the street from my office, so I hardly ever drive. :D

I lived in Dallas for a short while back in 98-99 and I remember it being 90c a gallon ($10 to fill up our new Camaro). I then live in Tulsa from early 2000 til 2003 and it was about 1.15 on average. I was there just a few months ago and it was about 3.10 I think. From memory here in australia the price was about 70-80c/ltr in the late 90's. So our prices have doubled since then but in the US its gone up 4 fold in the same period. I really dont understand how fuel pricing works or how the price per barrel can double in a short period. At the end of the day, I dont really care because regardless of how much it costs, we all need it and there is not a god damn thing we can do about except to fill up at the end of the pricing cycle before it goes up.

et I have never heard anyone say a word about going into a gas station and paying $1.29 for a 16oz bottle of water....which equals $10.32 a gallon......for WATER.:confused:

Oh, I do. ;) But that's a topic for a different thread. :D

My drive to work is about 5 miles. There is no mass transit at all in the town I live in, not even buses. If gas gets as high as I've been hearing ($10/gal in 2-3 years) a lot of people around here (with much longer commutes than mine) will be pretty screwed.

5-miles is biking distance!

Oh, I do. ;) But that's a topic for a different thread. :D

5-miles is biking distance!

Lol. I like cycling but I sure as hell wouldn't ride on the roads - not with the drivers I've seen!

Sugar ethonal :thumbup:

(not to be confused with CORN ethonal)

...If only we could grow lots of sugar here...

I feel up last night, $3.68 a gallon (U.S). Fill up 16.5 gallon on an 18.5 gallon tanks, that was painful. I hoping to get 400 to maybe 500 miles on it. It's a 2.2 liter Camry that I just got yesterday. Maybe I need to remove all the carpet or something to save some weight and gas. That and I just learn that since I don't drive very far anyway, might as well put in less gas. They do weight like 6.3 lbs a gallon.

I filled my truck up last night with some of that cheap $3.69 gas... :cool:

I did pay a little less than $6 for a quart of oil the other day, that's nearly $24 a gallon. :confused:

Was just at Costco today. Regular was $3.749 and Super was $4.009. Regular at the regular stations was $3.899. Yowzah.

As for the whole bike thing, I'm actually doing a "do as I say, not as I do," ... I don't actually have a bike. :lmao: BUT, I am actively looking for one at the moment, and asking around for advice on what exactly to look when looking for a bike.

my skyline came in "right on time"... :(

I'm trading in my 32mpg scion tC on monday, and getting a supercharged skyline GT350..... yay for 14mpg :)

Well I think it is just the perfect response to all the white flight. Everyone bought an SUV and moved as far away from the inner-city and mass transit as they possibly could. When everyone was buying SUV's I picked me up a nice VW Golf. It is a good thing we kept the oil man in the white house for 8 years though since gas prices were a little too stagnant during his predecessor's terms.

I have an SUV and don't really see what the fuss is all about. I don't do that many miles. Of those miles I do, 50% are at least tax deductable.

Most reactions

Back