I need to buy 10 cameras and fire them at the same time,

2fast2real

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
:er: I need to buy 10 cameras and fire them at the same time,
what is the cheapest digital cam I can buy and remotly fire it, i want to use one remote for 10 of them, what point and shoot cameras could do it.
[email protected]
thankX
I'm lloking to do time freeze

May i ask why you need 10 cameras to fire at once? Im really curious, is it like a multiangle thing or what?

Would'nt a single with fast motor work? Not knowing what you are doing or what your intentions are, 10 cameras with remotes woud be an incredible expense.

If you did a bit of electrics or robotry you could get it to work ith cheap digital cameras.

Would take time and some imagination.

that does seem a little odd...to have them fire at the same time. I guess like you said for multiple angles, but the Matrix thing was done with more than 10 and they were all fired in sequence (1/2 second apart or whatever), not that the same time...you wouldn't get the Matrix effect if you did it at the same time...and I doubt that you would be able to push the button fast enough, so you would HAVE to rig something like what Daniel is talking about.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Yeh he may not have wanted them to fire all together or he might. Depends the effect he's going for. If they all go at the same time it will be slightly easier but I'm sure wih some capacitors or something it can be done with delays. I don't really know about the technical things.

cool project and idea, but i don't think any cheap point & shoot camera will have the option of a wireless remote. unless perhaps, you rig some device or ask 10 people to press the shutter button at the same time... lol

They sold the original matrix setup off ebay half a month ago :)

First bid was 50K I think.

:mrgreen:
I'm lookingto freeze the action I will only do 180,
I have on digital cam with a rmote, why can't I get 10 the same ones and fire on that one remote, I cheated once and did it with one, but now I want to do the real deal with 10
What point and shoot cam has a remote?

my 1 cam experiment, jumped 20 times moved the cam 20 times (cheat)
To do it with the water you can't cheat

http://video.2fast2real.com/Player.aspx?fileid=12995F1A-5CE9-4CB0-9435-77F174E5A1D5&t=recent&p=2

Check out this guy:
SSmith.jpg

Now thats a pricey setup :shock:

He is actually useing it for a digital holography tecnique.
Here is the actual page:

http://www.pizzanelli.co.uk/

You can't do a 180 with 10 cameras... You need more

but I'd love to see what you come up with!

Most reactions

Back