I, Photographer

This is interesting

I'm actually really annoyed by it, like really really annoyed!

weird. i don't know what exactly i am looking at. But weird interesting, yes.

I have absolutely no idea what I'm looking at, very interesting shot. And yet, like the others, I'm weirded out a little inside. I want to know what that is !

Looks like an overhead projector. The "selfie" is using one of the lenses in the head.

(Oh, and I like it! :D )

Thanks for the comments, everyone. Yes, it is quite annoying in a way I suppose; perhaps because the viewer feels their personal space is being invaded by the prying eye looking at them, scrutinizing them even, through a lens. There's nowhere to hide from the photographer - privacy has died.

@ Leo: Insider knowledge! Yes, it's an OHP.

Thanks for the comments, everyone. Yes, it is quite annoying in a way I suppose; perhaps because the viewer feels their personal space is being invaded by the prying eye looking at them, scrutinizing them even, through a lens. There's nowhere to hide from the photographer - privacy has died.
not at all ... It didn't even cross my mind to think that way. Interesting how different our interpretation can be :)

I'm annoyed by it because it's bold, the composition irritates me, the diagonal line irritates me... actually, everything except your eye irritates me. The eye is ok, it's an "usual" thing and presented the way it is, everything else is unusual and pushing the bounds.

not at all ... It didn't even cross my mind to think that way. Interesting how different our interpretation can be :)

I'm annoyed by it because it's bold, the composition irritates me, the diagonal line irritates me... actually, everything except your eye irritates me. The eye is ok, it's an "usual" thing and presented the way it is, everything else is unusual and pushing the bounds.

Ah, I see, it's some sort of tension that bothers you. That's interesting, and good to know. Regarding the different interpretations, it just goes to show that photography like art is largely subjective.

It's very different and I like that. The comp does not bother me. Is that a mirror or projector?

It's very different and I like that. The comp does not bother me. Is that a mirror or projector?

Thanks, Annamaria. It's not easy to create anything original in a world where millions and millions of photos are uploaded to the Internet every day, so I take your remark to heart. It's the type of overhead projector that you find in classrooms.

Thanks, Annamaria. It's not easy to create anything original in a world where millions and millions of photos are uploaded to the Internet every day, so I take your remark to heart. It's the type of overhead projector that you find in classrooms.

You are very welcome and glad I could help in some small way. [emoji2]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back