I want my two dollars!

Do they have $2 bills in the states?

That sounds like it was from Canada.

Hilarious.

PachelbelsCanon350D said:
They totally do have them in the states! I've got a bunch. Totally useable but I don't think they print them anymore.

That's really funny!

That's the same with Canada. Just wasn't sure about the U.S.

They stopped printing a while ago. I think almost 15 years ago. I remember taking a trip to the UK and there was a couple posted on a board in a pub cause the owner said that it was gonna be worth money one day.

...I still don't think it's worth anymore than $2 though.

core_17 said:
I have an indian head penny from 1892. I looked it up...it's TRIPLED IT'S ORIGINAL VALUE!!! :biglaugh:

Imagine you had 1000 of them though. You'd make a pretty penny.

That's sooo funny! But, it kinda makes me feel old.:meh:

Traci said:
That's sooo funny! But, it kinda makes me feel old.:meh:
Heh. No kidding. I have a bunch somewhere. I had a few Canadian ones too. I tend to keep any extra money I exchange on trips for my next trip up, but I had a stack that I kept forgetting to bring. I finally did a year or so ago. Man, people were acting like they were seeing an old friend when I took one out.

bace said:
I still don't think it's worth anymore than $2 though.

it's not. they give these to you in change at Monticello - Thomas Jefferson's home.

core_17 said:
I have an indian head penny from 1892. I looked it up...it's TRIPLED IT'S ORIGINAL VALUE!!! :biglaugh:

Considering inflation, wouldnt that be like $113.01 in todays money, back in 1892? Assuming 5% each year, hehe. And now its worth 3 cents? hehe.

edit>

I just read the story. There was another case similiar to this, based on a true story in the states. Some guy organizes school field trips or something, so he has alot of $2 bills he likes to give to the kids. His son went to Best buy or some store like that to get a car stereo or something that was on sale. Something happens and he cant get it on sale. So for payback the son gets the $2 bills from his father to pay off the $100+ bill. But after he goes to the store and tries to use the $2 bills they acuse him of using counterfiet money. They call the police and have him arrested or handcuffed to the chair or something. Eventually they discover its real money and let him go.

that was a great story. I still have a few canadian $2 dollar bills, but I don't remember where I kept them...

Along similar yet different lines, i was once in the states when I was younger, trying to buy candy, and I gave the clerk like $1.50, but one of the quarters was canadian, and she got all ****ed off that I was giving her fake money, and i didn't have any other money so I couldn't buy my candy...it scarred me for life :(

My boss travels about 30 weeks a year ... he goes to the bank, 'purchases' $200 in $2 bills, runs them to the printer and has them padded. He uses those as tip money for bellmen and cabbies.

anicole said:
My boss travels about 30 weeks a year ... he goes to the bank, 'purchases' $200 in $2 bills, runs them to the printer and has them padded. He uses those as tip money for bellmen and cabbies.

What does that mean???

Most reactions

New Topics

Back