I won an iPod Touch

That's awesome, Mike! I love my iPhone, which is basically the same thing as an iTouch, just with the phone added on. :p

I also just got done setting up my little cousin Nicole's new iTouch for her. I put a whole bunch of games on it, too . . . she loves it!

How is she doing? I remember reading the thread a while back.

I would probably never buy anything so trendy but getting it free is fine by me :D

Trendy? Try useful. I still have my older 60gb iPod. I've only got about 15-20 gb of music on there, but using it with a car adapter beats carrying around over a hundred CD's. I also use it at parties and stuff. Make a playlist, plug it into a stereo, and let it eat. Better than listening to my friends' music anyways :mrgreen:

I used to have one of those really angled lob wedges...60 degrees or more. When I first got it, I used it way too much...just trying to figure it out really. My golfing buddies hated that I used it so much...probably because half the shots were terrible.

I swapped it for an old Ping driver with one of those guys, just to try out...but he threw it in the woods and lost it, so now I have an old (wooden) ping driver ;)

My dad had one of those wedges that had interchangeable face plates. You could put in a plate that was really abrasive or one that had downward ridges. Not PGA legal but you could spin the ball back like the pros.

My sister bought me an old Spalding 1 wood. I love it, it's a screwfaced womens club but I can hit that thing better than any of my metal woods. If I could keep my club cover on it I would just dump my driver for it despite the fact it's not a driver.

I went threw all the hassel of having custom head covers made I don't want to loose them :confused: and I am more conserned with having fun on the course than I am about hitting the ball straight so I don't particularly over consern my self with what is in the bag.

I reasently picked up a chicken stick, as soon as I get it cut down I'm gonna take it out and hit it.....alot. :D

My brother in law had one of those interchangable things, He tossed it. he did not like it at all.

Last edited:
My sister bought me an old Spalding 1 wood. I love it, it's a screwfaced womens club but I can hit that thing better than any of my metal woods. If I could keep my club cover on it I would just dump my driver for it despite the fact it's not a driver.

I went threw all the hassel of having custom head covers mad I don't want to loose them :confused: and I am more conserned with having fun on the course than I am about hitting the ball straight so I don't particularly over consern my self with what is in the bag.

I reasently picked up a chicken stick, as soon as I get it cut down I'mm gonna take it out and hit it.....alot. :D

My brother in law had one of those interchangable things, He tossed it. he did not like it at all.

I really need to go. I've only been once this year. Last year I got a chance to play at St. James in NC. A friend's family connection got us out there for free. Talk about an amazing course.

I have friends that live in Monterey too. I'm supposed to go visit, but too bad it's probably going to be in December. I'd like to play at Pebble Beach.

Trendy? Try useful. I still have my older 60gb iPod. I've only got about 15-20 gb of music on there, but using it with a car adapter beats carrying around over a hundred CD's. I also use it at parties and stuff. Make a playlist, plug it into a stereo, and let it eat. Better than listening to my friends' music anyways
I put all my music on it and it only took up about 2GB...and that probably includes some National Geographic pod-casts as well. I'm just not a big music guy...although I now want to acquire more, just to put on my iPOD.
It was good timing anyway...we just bought a new car that has a built in auxiliary plug.

I put all my music on it and it only took up about 2GB...and that probably includes some National Geographic pod-casts as well. I'm just not a big music guy...although I now want to acquire more, just to put on my iPOD.
It was good timing anyway...we just bought a new car that has a built in auxiliary plug.

You would be the guy that I would be supplying the music to then. :mrgreen:

I'd like to play at Pebble Beach.
My aunt told me that it's nearly immposible to get on at Pebble Beach...but there is a trick. Rather than calling and trying to get on, buy gift certificates and then use those when you go/call. That was the only way she could get her husband on the course.

I really need to go. I've only been once this year. Last year I got a chance to play at St. James in NC. A friend's family connection got us out there for free. Talk about an amazing course.

I have friends that live in Monterey too. I'm supposed to go visit, but too bad it's probably going to be in December. I'd like to play at Pebble Beach.

Yeah, I've only been out once this year as well, my summer work hours kill my golf time bad and winter play here in New York is well.....I'm not into ice golf :lol:. September is comming fast and I should be able to get out and burn off some balls before the Snow flies.

My aunt told me that it's nearly immposible to get on at Pebble Beach...but there is a trick. Rather than calling and trying to get on, buy gift certificates and then use those when you go/call. That was the only way she could get her husband on the course.

They do weekend packages. It's like $250-$500 for two rounds and a room for a night or two. It would suck having to pay that much for a round of golf, but the experience would be so worth it.

Yeah, I've only been out once this year as well, my summer work hours kill my golf time bad and winter play here in New York is well.....I'm not into ice golf :lol:. September is comming fast and I should be able to get out and burn off some balls before the Snow flies.

I used to suck, but after some "lessons", I got a decent straight shot and some control. That's all I need. I stayed with a friend and his parents who live on a golf course. Talk about fun. Get some beers in you and then head out to the green in the backyard and get some instruction from some one that really knows how to play.

I used to suck, but after some "lessons", I got a decent straight shot and some control. That's all I need. I stayed with a friend and his parents who live on a golf course. Talk about fun. Get some beers in you and then head out to the green in the backyard and get some instruction from some one that really knows how to play.

Does getting shtfaced and watching a David Ledbetter DVD count :oops:

I'm not sure how I did not end up with a hole in my celing but....

Why was there a raft in the middle of a golf course?

Ah, golf and bowling. If only I could swap score cards in the two I'd make out alright. :D

Congrats Big Mike!

Why was there a raft in the middle of a golf course?
It was just a small inflatable raft or dingy. They put it there for the purposes of the tournament and this particular side contest.

They also had other 'theme' holes. For example, one of them was 'beat the pro'...they had one of their pros at a par three. You could wager any amount of money against you getting closer to the pin than the pro. If you won, you got double your money (to be spent at the pro shop only). If you lost, you just got your money's worth at the pro shop. My attempt when very wide and ended up in the water...but one of our group did beat the pro and won an additional $10.

Don't forget, you can put movies and whatnot on it, too! I currently have 4 movies on my 16gb iPhone, plus a good portion of my music, and I've only filled it up halfway! :lol:

How is she doing? I remember reading the thread a while back.

She's doing very good!!! She has a long way to go still, but she is a miracle, through and through. She'll be getting another surgery on her foot soon, and hopefully after that she'll be learning to walk again. :) She is getting better at talking by the day, though she's still very difficult to understand.

If I ever get the time, I'll post some updated pictures in her thread. :)

Thanks for asking about her. :)

They do weekend packages. It's like $250-$500 for two rounds and a room for a night or two. It would suck having to pay that much for a round of golf, but the experience would be so worth it.

Im an avid golfer and what sucks even more is paying that kind of money and playing like a busted tail pipe. I went on a golfing trip years ago and played at some top notch courses in Queensland. Luckly I was playing well (11 over my worst round, 5 over my best) so it was money well spent, not so much some other times though.

Well done Mike, its always nice to win something, regardless of its value or use, but your scored with the ipod

Most reactions

New Topics

Back