Ideas for props for shooting a 1yr old

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Actually he's more like 18 months. Just a fun shoot, so I wanted to think of some creative things. I will get the classic shots but wanted to find out what others bring on a shoot for an 18 month old. We are meeting in an area thats woodsy and has a little park also. Great backdrops. Is there some fun stuff I might have lying around my house that I can bring for some just fun shots?

Depends if you want to have a "theme" or not. I would bring toys or somthing like that. Another cute idea would to dress him up as a photog, lol.

Depends if you want to have a "theme" or not. I would bring toys or somthing like that. Another cute idea would to dress him up as a photog, lol.

Ha!! I *love* that idea! I told the mom to bring some changes of clothes but who knows what she will bring. I have some little sunglasses that I figure he can put on *(upside down of course ;) ) And I saw this picture once of a baby with lipstick kisses all over their face, so I thought that would be fun to do. I was thinking of a bat and a ball too...

haha. What ever you think will look the best. The things you can use are limitless, have fun!

Go in flickr and do a search for groups associated with baby pictures... you will find THOUSANDS of ideas. ;)

I have some little sunglasses that I figure he can put on *(upside down of course ;) )
Yeah, why in the world do they always put sunglasses on upside down.

Just got my 4 year old a pair of sunglasses. It was like I was teaching her complex calculus trying to get her to put them on right.

I see this question about what to bring for a baby/toddler all the time. Question.... Doesn't Mom have anything to bring? After all, she is the one that has a baby and most likely to have baby toys...

Then again, I guess you get the intrigued mind look when you give them something different than their own toys.

My personal opinion.. props are overrated. Put this child in a comfortable, natural enviroment and take a few steps back and shoot.

I think it'd be cute to see an 18 month old attempting to kick a soccerball through dimly lit woods. Guess leaves are all gone by now right?

Dogs make good props too. My pug is awesome in photos.

Most reactions

Back