I'm officially old....

Here's what I think of turkey bacon.....
vomit-smiley-31.gif
:lmao: Yeah, but when you're really old......... you have to make some sacrifices. When I refuse to compromise on some things, I moderate on others.

Where are you guys finding shrimp big enoung to wrap a slice of bacon around?

And don't mention the phrase "officially old" ... a-hem... I just know what sort of birthday I'm going to run away from in December of this year!!!
...I've seen pictures of you - you can't be that old. ;)

I don't think even jumbo shrimp is bacon sized.
Maybe if you wrap a slice around three of them...

Just out of curiosity.....exactly how old are you guys & gals.

Myself I'm 38 (39 at the end of the month) and have no health issues at all. I can eat whatever I want, whenever I want. Went to the doc for a checkup last month...all is good. Cholesterol is good, BP is perfectly normal, body fat is a little high (started back at the gym last month). I'm not even close to a health nut, I eat junk food now and again (ice cream being my biggest adversary).

I don't think even jumbo shrimp is bacon sized.
Maybe if you wrap a slice around three of them...

If you stuff the jumbo shrimp with bacon bits first it tends to help them hold the bacon wrap better.

Just out of curiosity.....exactly how old are you guys & gals.

Myself I'm 38 (39 at the end of the month) and have no health issues at all. I can eat whatever I want, whenever I want. Went to the doc for a checkup last month...all is good. Cholesterol is good, BP is perfectly normal, body fat is a little high (started back at the gym last month). I'm not even close to a health nut, I eat junk food now and again (ice cream being my biggest adversary).
Hell Im 51 and still eat pretty much what I want. Though I have never been a salt freak or, heavily in to snack foods. Well except for my Powerbars. I was raised to eat fruit and vegtables so, I pretty much keep to that as far as snacking. I guess it is paying off in the long run. I love spicy foods but, they give me heartburn so, I eat a Pepcid and, Im good to go.

I felt old the moment I turned 25. No more birthdays to look forward too.

I rarely have real bacon these days, but as long as I can go somewhere and smell it cooking..... life is good.

And I close my eyes and remember, when turkey bacon is on the menu.

That's funny... Just smelling it... I swear that, just like microwave popcorn, they add smellitives to it to make it smell better.. We buy the fully cooked bacon that is microwaveable, and the microwave smells for weeks after cooking it... What doesn't bacon make taste better?

I felt old the moment I turned 25. No more birthdays to look forward too.

Actually-there's 40, when you're officially, "Middle Age," and there's 65 when you should retire but won't be allowed to because that will be one less tax payer... Then, of course, there's 100... Everybody celebrates 100... I'm going to get so drunk on my 100th that I won't remember the night.. Kind of like 40-on...

Actually-there's 40, when you're officially, "Middle Age," and there's 65 when you should retire but won't be allowed to because that will be one less tax payer... Then, of course, there's 100... Everybody celebrates 100... I'm going to get so drunk on my 100th that I won't remember the night.. Kind of like 40-on...

Wait nobody told me I'm middle age. :er:

:lol: I can't eat salt/salty foods like I use to... I'm so sad:(... I get headaches.
I'm right there with you except it's with spicy foods. In college and grad school, we had one of the door shelves in the fridge dedicated for hot sauces. I can still eat the spicy foods. But I have SEVERE pain when it comes back out the other end. Didn't use to bother me so much. Funny thing is, it seemed to change exactly on my 30th birthday back in July.

Most reactions

Back