In memoriam

i just have one question: how and why did my reputation get from 34 points to 9 in one post? i find that really annoying. and also thank you for mentioning why. if you do not like my methods please discuss it with me as an administrator that you are. otherwise i find this just lame.

:cheers:

TheBeginning, Im always open to edits, but I always forget to say so, so go right ahead.

here is my last attempt with this shot

bubblesmoth1color3bn.jpg

i like the bw one (first edit) much more than the color one.

here's something i did with it:

i rarely like to add grain to photos, but i felt it worked here considering what you were trying to convey. besides that i just cloned some things out and added some contrast in here and there and added some vignetting.

it's a little sloppy, but it's gritty

inmemoriambw.jpg

not sure if that was what you were looking for.

Cool, I like it, the vingetting is a nice touch. We will have to see how the reshoot turns out. Thanks

I agree with the BW being stronger than the color. It gives it a bit more morbid, (if thats the right word), feel that color just does'nt convey. I also completely agree with Lafoto on keeping the crack. I think out of all the edits I have seen I still like the original the best. It might be possible to get more contrast out of it, maybe a curves adjustment? At work right now so I can't mess with it myself and give recommendations from that. Other than that I would say if you are going to crop it, crop it vertically not horizontally. That would leave the crack in the photo but still give you a little tighter feel. Sorry if that does'nt help or is not specific enough.

Oh and Terri, you rock :hail:.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back