Incandescent lighting

Raddy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I do a lot of photography inside my house and there isn't always sufficient natural lighting. As a result of the incandescent lighting, some of my pictures tend to look a little orange, even with white balance.

My question is, has anyone experimented with the GE Reveal bulbs? They look a little bluer which I think would be better for indoor photography. Is there any truth to this?

The reveal bulbs can give a more pleasing look, but not as good as clean daylight. If you are shooting digital and can set a custom white balance, I would do so. If shooting film, you might need to play with some filter gets to get the right combination of compensation for good color in your prints. If this all sounds like too much trouble, look for bulbs in the 5000-5500 Kelvin range. This is the color temp. of the bulb. That color temp will put you close to daylight color.

All you can really do is to use the White balance to fix it and/or over power it with your flash.

If you are having problems with white balancing then shoot in the RAW format. This will allow you to adjust the white balance after.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back