Interior Home Pics

Bman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
First Time posting here. Here's a couple pics I did for a contractor's portfolio.
Curious what ya all think. Thanks.

dinninghm4.jpg

kitchentv0.jpg

I want that kitchen!
oh, and the door is open in #1.
Very nice & clear.

Yeah, straightening them could help alot! I like the lighting though :)

Is there any way you can use a wider perspective?

The house looks cramped.

Thanks all - I will fix the horizon.
kmp1191 - good catch on the door.
switchfx - I see what you mean, I did crop out the archways - I wonder? - Any Ideas on getting a wider perspective? I shot these at about 18 - 35mm

I like them as well, great focus. I would consider taking the dinning room from angle or level, like previously said. Seeing as this is for a contractor they will want to show off the room more than the furniture, which is all I look at in the dinning room right now.

First, I like the shots in general. I think they are crisp and well lit.

Some general tips:

• You can almost never get wide enough on interior pictures. Step back into doorways, stand on furniture, even compose the pic as best as you can and then try to hold the camera direcly against a wall if you can pull it off (monopod helps for this)
  • Watch for things like that door... you'd be AMAZED how easily you'll miss little things. I once didn't notice a screwdriver sitting on a windowsill. lol
  • I generally stick to eye level perspective unless there is something really artsy that I wanted to capture. When I look at your pic of the dining room it seems lower than I would place it. Seeing the top of the table and the other chairs would (IMO) add depth and warmth to the shot.
  • Perspective and barrel distortion correction on interior and exterior building shots are (IMO) absolutely critical for pro work. Make sure the lines of walls and doors are as straight as possible (not angled in and out, up and down, and not bent).
  • Also always watch those horizons- you want them very straight- I would say both of your shots are angled a bit, though the second one may be just more in need of perspective correction.
Regardless, I still think these are very good.

Thanks all - I will fix the horizon.
kmp1191 - good catch on the door.
switchfx - I see what you mean, I did crop out the archways - I wonder? - Any Ideas on getting a wider perspective? I shot these at about 18 - 35mm

If you want to spend forever on the computer, shoot a bunch of images and stitch them together. Otherwise, but an 11mm or 10mm zoom lens.

Great job on the focus :thumbup: Is it me or is that a face peeking through that open door on #1?

Most reactions

Back