iPhone or Samsung?

That's pretty cool! I didn't even know you could get the raw files!

(Rushes away and starts googling "raw" and "Galaxy S8")

You just have to plug the phone into your computer to download the raw files since they are not visible on the phone.

yes, easy to do and I suppose it can be done with wifi or bluetooth (might take longer)
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Well the fact that the DNG files are not visible on the phone regardless of app (in my experience anyways), only operating systems like Windows or Mac OS can see the DNG raw files. So you gotta plug the phone in to download them and they only save to the internal memory. Of course, not sure if they changed any of this with the S8.

That's pretty cool! I didn't even know you could get the raw files!

(Rushes away and starts googling "raw" and "Galaxy S8")

You just have to plug the phone into your computer to download the raw files since they are not visible on the phone.

yes, easy to do and I suppose it can be done with wifi or bluetooth (might take longer)

Well the fact that the DNG files are not visible on the phone regardless of app (in my experience anyways), only operating systems like Windows or Mac OS can see the DNG raw files. So you gotta plug the phone in to download them and they only save to the internal memory. Of course, not sure if they changed any of this with the S8.

possibly true but I admit I've never tried to transfer a RAW file to my Galaxy S7 using wifi

Whichever has the better photographer using it.
I also agree that a skilled photographer can make a difference when its about taking a shot! Having said that each person has his/her own preference also when its about taking shots using smartphones!

Whichever has the better photographer using it.

Just end the thread here. This is the correct answer.
DxO has given the highest rating to Google Pixel. than Samsung s7. Of course, can't deny the fact smartphones are really catching up. Waiting to see Nokia pairing up once again with Zeiss.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back