Is this picture done properly?

i would look at the histogram to know how to adjust over/underexposed area.

not fan of the composition too. cropping it tighter might do it better.

hth

It looks like exactly what you described, an unplanned snapshot.
Hand is blown subject does not look into it, use a lower iso to blur the background, get the subject out of the middle...for starters.

Too much flash, i would have dropped the exposure on the background and reduced the flash, i would have also done some where i underexposed the background and used fill flash to make it look like night time

Hand is blown subject does not look into it, use a lower iso to blur the background, get the subject out of the middle...for starters.

How will lowering the iso blur the background :confused: it will reduce the exposure so the hand is not burnt out but will nor blur the background unless you open the aperture and that will overexpose the hand again

Maybe he meant that lowering the ISO and maintaining the same exposure by opening the aperture would result in a blurrier background

How will lowering the iso blur the background :confused: it will reduce the exposure so the hand is not burnt out but will nor blur the background unless you open the aperture and that will overexpose the hand again

Sorry, I was not awake yet. I meant to say use a larger F-stop to blur the background.

Most reactions

Back