Is this shot interesting?(cute girl)

ikidzeroi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Kinda got bored yesterday and starting taking random photos of my friend amy. Lol just thought maybe i could have shot this a little different to get better results.

Amy038.jpg

Really this one is more boring but i seem to like it a lot more.

Amy161.jpg

first shot is interesting at least...but now...what happened to that sky? :O
i really hate how the sky looks...but the lower part of the image is really nice...try to do something about that sky please :D

I love the color/saturation of the tall grass that she's laying in, but like tataencu said, the sky does look over exposed. Perhaps with some editing you can get a nice vibrant blue back into the sky?

What would it looked like cropped beneath the sky?

I love the color/saturation of the tall grass that she's laying in, but like tataencu said, the sky does look over exposed. Perhaps with some editing you can get a nice vibrant blue back into the sky?

What would it looked like cropped beneath the sky?

I say crop beneath the sky for sure. I think it'd look way better.

The idea of #1 is great. The crop beneath the sky would be nice but, IMO, the picture is taken with the wrong DOF. The stalks going in and oof is distracting. I would have used a smaller aperture so that everything was in focus. (It is slightly over-exposed, the burnt out spots on her cheek are distracting). This one really will be terrific (I think).

I would definitely crop closer and tighter to the girl in the first pic.. she seems a little uncomfortable in that pose?? Her arms should be lying flat , the way they are arched upward now, looks like she's doing sit ups...just doesn't come across to me as a comfortable pose for her??

Second shot .. I will call it a Fun Shot... for me its not a real flattering look..Its almost like taking a portrait with a fish eye lens...

Both shots are good no doubt, and a matter of your taste, and more important the subjects... I just think they might have been perfected a weee bit more...

your right, she's cute!

if you don't mind, what all did you do to the first shot in ps?

in the second one maybe you should focus on her eyes instead of her lips/ear/chin.

I agree with New England on the DOF in the first one. But otherwise I really like it a lot. Would be interested to see a crop below the sky too.

and yes, i think the first shot is interesting.

she is cute :) the rest has been said ;)

I saw this image and immediately thought yeah, the first one is a good/interesting shot, and I really like it, but it could stand a tighter crop. In fact, I went ahead and started editing it without bothering to scroll down at all, so I'm gonn go ahead and post my crop.

Amy038.jpg

i don't think that the problem is entirely depth of field. I think the image is actually focused on the grass and not the girl. I sharpened it a little bit (unsharp mask) and blurred the grass ever so slightly.

Also, I think the flash on the girl is a little harsh and you can see the highlights on the grass. I think the crop helps with that to.

Awesome...thanks for the interest people. We were just having fun and the shot was just a quick snap. In photoshop i burnt the edges a little like 18% os something. but i think the added contrast did overblow the sky so maybe i will apply it as a layer and erase around the sky to see what it does.

But yes cropping out the sky helps a lot

THANK YOU

The first shot is great. Just crop out a little of the sky, rotate clockwise a couple degrees to straighten the horizon, and crop a bit from the sides but leave some of the blur.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back